Asiago Pesto Pizza with Broiled Tomatoes – Vegetarian, Gluten Free Option
Who here likes pizza?
You may know I’m a fan of the delicious doughy goodness from my pizza recipes here:
And of course the 4 Layer Mexican Pizza in the Fertility Foods Cookbook!
Thus, I knew this month when the ladies over at The Recipe ReDux invited us to come up with a holiday themed dish, the pizza was going to make another come back!
I mean come on, I am living in the Italian part of Switzerland right now and pizza just so happens to be a regular thing on our menus!
While this is certainly festive enough to be served as a holiday appetizer, it’s definitely a year round staple in our house.
The beauty of this pizza is that it’s simple swapped (aka time saving!!) with a delicious store-bought whole grain crust. You can easily pick up a gluten free crust here too so you can kill two birds with one stone depending on the dietary preferences of your holiday guests.
My only words of caution with this recipe are DO NOT MAKE IF YOU ARE ALONE.
Well, because if you’re like me, you may just finish the entire pizza before the party even starts. #justsaying
Now, who’s ready to dive in?!
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal optional
- 1 store-bought whole grain crust GF crust optional
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounces asiago cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Lightly dust the bottom of the pizza dough with cornmeal.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and spread the pizza dough on the pan.
- Evenly spread the pesto sauce on the dough, covering with the halved tomatoes and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve!
If you’d prefer to make your own pesto, be sure to check out my Cilantro Pistachio Pesto here!
Let’s chat! What’s your favorite festive holiday dish to pass?
Don’t forget to check out the amazing other recipes below, too!