Pizza and steak for breakfast… need I say more?
Don’t you just get the warm fuzzies when you say the word… P-I-Z-Z-A? I know I sure do!
I love pizza for many reasons:
- I’m Italian
- I married a man who literally lives and breaths pizza
- It’s convenient and affordable
- It’s versatile and nutrient packed
- But, most importantly, it’s DELICIOUS!
So, when I was thinking up how I could create a final breakfast recipe using lean beef, it was obvious I had to find a way to include pizza! The great thing about pizza is that it has taken on many various forms over the decades and can literally be made in an instant using all the wonderful staples you have on hand in your fridge.
Since I had some of the lean sirloin leftover from those Sirloin Breakfast Sliders, I decided to dice it up and top a pita with the sirloin, some fresh tomatoes and a few #simpleswapped creations I whipped up; again, using items I had on hand. The beauty of #simpleswappin’ is to have an arsenal of staples ready to throw together in a bind to create a delicously nutritious meal in a flash.
For instance, I used some chipotle sauce I had in the fridge and blended it with a fat free cream cheese to create a beautiful “sauce” to throw on the pita. With this as the base, I then used the protein packed lean sirloin and a farm fresh egg… do I hear a yummy?! Just wait, there’s more!
I topped this with a light pepperjack cheese and a smear of that chipotle sauce, the perfect blend of spices to ignite those taste buds! Plus, the blend of nutrients delivered in this pizza is surely enough to satiate you well through the wee morning hours until lunch time; a win win for those with busy schedules.
If you want to take this up a notch, I highly encourage using a whole wheat pita to increase your fiber and meet your whole grain intake for the day. You can also use a gluten free pizza dough to make this friendly for all the lifestyle diets in your house (or whip up that GF San Antonio Skillet as well).
Plus, it makes the perfect appetizer for those weekend games that are just around the corner. Every football fan is sure to enjoy this while watching the Sunday ticket. Football fans, you’re welcome. Mr. CEO, yes, I’ll be sure to wear my #6 jersey while making this for the BEARS opener this year.
Creamy Chipotle Sirloin Breakfast Pizza
- Sirloin Tip Marinade
- 2 oz maple whiskey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 oz lean sirloin tip
- 1- 6 " pita
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1/4 cup pepperjack shredded cheese reduced fat
- 3 oz sirloin tip chopped
- 1 large egg white scrambled
- In an airtight container, combine the marinade ingredients and place beef in container.
- If possible, let marinate up to 48 hours.
- When ready to assemble, set oven to broil.
- Place cast iron skillet in stove to heat.
- Remove after 5 minutes and place 2 tablespoons vegan butter in skillet.
- Place one sirloin tip in skillet.
- Return to oven and broil 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove sirloin tip from skillet and let rest on cutting board.
- Repeat process with second sirloin tip.
- To assemble pizza, change oven setting to 425*F.
- Place one pita on center of aerated pizza pan.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of chipotle hot sauce with cream cheese. Spread evenly on pita.
- Top with 3 oz chopped lean sirloin, pepperjack cheese, tomatoes and egg.
- Heat for 5 minutes in oven.
- Remove and slice into 4. Enjoy with a little hot sauce on top!