Hi there friends!
I’m Liz Shaw, a registered dietitian nutritionist and your go-to-gal for the simple-swap you’re looking for to make your life that much easier when it comes to nourishing your body for the long haul!
I’m a wife to Mr.CEO, and mom to Hayden and soon to be baby boy Shaw. Okay, so Mr. CEO actually has a name, but since I started this site years ago his code name has been Mr. CEO (certified eating officer) so I think we’ll keep it that way!
If your super curious, feel free to pop over to my Instagram feed, I occasionally mention it there!
I have a Masters in Dietetics, a Graduate Certificate in Eating Disorders and Obesity, and am a Certified Personal Trainer.
You’ll soon find that while my blog doesn’t have your traditional posting schedule, that’s because my day-to-day work looks a little different as a nutrition expert and consultant!
Some days I’m acting as a consultant for brands and commodity boards, like California Avocados (to see other partners click here), and other days I’m working as a national nutrition expert in the media as a spokesperson for various companies via print and broadcast tv (you can see some of my recent media interviews here!)
During the spring, I’m playing teacher as an adjunct professor of nutrition for the BS and MS programs at Bastyr University in San Diego and depending on the year, I’m working behind the scenes on cookbook development for my latest books (see my most recent published books here, like the Air Fryer Cookbook For Dummies, 2020!)
Now, you can always expect as a registered dietitian nutritionist I’ll give you the science-based facts when it comes to nutrition topics on this site. But, as a science-based source of credible nutrition information, my health philosophy is actually quite simple:
Eat foods that bring you joy, nourish your body, and help fill your tank. There is no one size approach to nutrition, and every BODY is unique!
Now, as much as I love talking science, I also love to keep it real.
Here are a few facts about me:
- I start my morning with instant coffee every.single.day. Sometimes I don’t finish it, but man I love the smell of it first thing!
- Peanut butter is in my daily diet, often multiple times a day!
- We live in San Diego currently (I’m a SoCal girl born and raised),but we actually met in Chicago (where Mr.CEO is from!) I lived there with him for 4 years as I finished my masters and internship!
- I knew I wanted to be an RD from the time I was 12! I was able to finish my undergrad, masters and dietetic internship all before I turned 23!
- It’s a rare occasion I stay up past 10 pm, but you’ll also find me most days scrolling the gram at 2 AM thanks to strong insomnia.
- I had three pieces of clothing that fit me during my COVID-19 pregnancy, black leggings, and a green and coral dress you see throughout my pictures! Perhaps I should get some new shots taken when baby boy arrives lol!
Can’t wait to get to know you better!
Lots of Love,
Liz and the Shaw Kitchen Crew