A rich, creamy chocolate dessert dip made with the essential ingredients you likely have on hand! This Sweet Hummus Recipe is the perfect snack or party dip! The beauty of this baby is you can make it all in the blender, aka, no mess clean up!
Two words: DESSERT HUMMUS.
If I had a nickel for every time I craved chocolate, I’d be a rich woman. I swear, whenever I crave a sweet treat, my mind leads me down a chocolate path that always ends with something that has texture.
I mean what doesn’t chocolate pair with? This Dessert Hummus Recipe is no different.
I’ve made about 100 variations of this recipe over the last year since Hayden started developing her mother’s love for sweets (remember this Chocolate No Added Sugar Date Dip.)
Why do I keep coming back to this combo? Because it requires only one blender (or food processor). It’s simple. It’s satisfying. And, it’s pretty healthy!
What you need to make this recipe:
- A blender (or food processor).
- Use dates and sugar, not maple syrup or honey. I promise, it’s worth it making it with this dynamic duo.
- Use black beans (if you have them). I haven’t tried with a white or garbanzo bean, but they make work as well.
- 100% dark cocoa powder.
- Lots of love. That’s the secret ingredient in every recipe I make, and can turn something that’s so-so to FABULOUS in no time.
How to make this Dessert Hummus Recipe:
- Toss the black beans and dates (with water) into the blender. Pulse. (Step #1.)
- Add in the vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and peanut butter. Pulse. (Step #2.)
- Throw in the cocoa powder. Pulse. (Step #3.)
- Finish with adding in the caramel chips. Pulse for 10 seconds (rough chop.) (Step #4.)
Notes and Pro-Tips for Making this Sweet Hummus Recipe:
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, vegan and dairy free. No modifications necessary.
- To make nut-free: Simply use a sunflower seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
- For a no-added sugar dip, add 5 more dates. You will need to add 1 tbsp more of water to when microwaving.
- You can store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (if it lasts that long!)
Try these other satisfying + healthy sweet treats!
- 3-Ingredient No Added Sugar Dessert Dip
- Maple Sunflower Seed Dip
- Gluten Free Low Sugar Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Crunchy Vegan Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Sweet Hummus Recipe
- Blender or Food Processor
- 10 each dates pitted
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup salted caramel chocolate chips
- Add the dates and water to a microwave safe mug and heat for 90 seconds. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, dates, and water to a blender. Pulse until combined (about 30 seconds to one minute).
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Pulse another 30 seconds, wiping down the sides of the blender with a spatula to ensure an even process.
- Toss in the salted caramel chips and pulse for 10 seconds (just a rough chop to give the dip some texture.)
- Pour into a bowl and serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, or rice cakes!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 5 days.