These Gluten Free Vegan Cookies are perfect for those looking for a small batch, easy and healthy recipe to whip up in under 30 minutes! Perfect for a crowd or a secret stash for yourself. Plus, they’re low in added sugar and super moist!
What do I need to make gluten free vegan cookies?
Honestly, you can make these cookies with under 10 ingredients, most likely things you have on hand if you are a vegan or gluten free baker anyways.
And, if you’re not. That’s okay too! They’re are some swaps you can use with the ingredients you likely have already on hand too.
For instance, here’s a little breakdown of what you’ll need and suitable swaps!
Almond Flour = All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free Baking Blend
Vegan Butter = Butter or Coconut Oil or Melted Nut Butter
Cane Sugar = Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
Almond Extract = Vanilla Extract
Vegan Chocolate Chunks = Chocolate Chips
As you can see some of the modifications will make these cookies more traditional (read they may not be gluten free or vegan anymore), but it all depends on what your dietary needs are!
How do I make these vegan gluten free cookies?
For a quick overview, watch this video!
First, start with getting all your ingredients together.
Then, go ahead and mix the dry ingredients together in as small bowl and the wet (including the butter, melted) in a larger bowl.
Slowly fold the dry into the wet ingredients, then add in the chocolate chunks.
Portion dough into 10 cookies, then place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Is this cookie healthy?
It’s low in added sugar (more about that here) and super satisfying, two things that I always look for when I think about the word healthy!
It’s also got a tad of protein and is lower in carbs than most cookies, making it a great choice as a pre-workout snack (even for a Spartan workout) too!
Alright, enough waiting! Let’s make these cookies!
Gluten Free Vegan Cookies
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter plant-based, melted
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a larger bowl, combine butter, applesauce, cane sugar, and almond extract.
- Fold the dry into the wet ingredients until combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spray a baking sheet with a light cooking spray. Portion cookie dough into 10 even cookies. (Note- dough will be sticky, but if you over portioned the applesauce you will need to add 1 tbsp more of almond flour here. )
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe! Feel free to comment below or tag me on Facebook or Instagram. If you decide to give them a try, be sure to tag me and use the #ShawKitchen so I can reshare!
Happy Cooking, friends!