Looking for the perfect, mouth watering burger to make in your air fryer? Then these Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are for you! Easy, simple and full of flavor, they’ll be the perfect addition to this week’s menu planning (with a bonus of coming together in under 15 minutes!)
It was 110 degrees here this past weekend, meaning I did not want to turn on my oven nor head outside to fire up the BBQ!
If you find yourself in a similar situation, then you too will love these simple Air Fryer Turkey Burgers!
Whether it’s hot as hell or cold as ice, you won’t regret making this recipe!
Clearly I’m a bit bias on how much I love my air fryer (checkout my 5 Air Fryer Tips here if you’re new to air fryer cooking), but I swear, it really is such a cool appliance!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
(1) Start by mixing all the ingredients together in a large bowl until uniformly combined.
(2 + 3) Assemble into equal sized patties and place in air fryer basket lightly sprayed with olive oil.
(4) When cooking completes, remove from air fryer basket and assemble into burger!
While I love this recipe as is, I know not everyone is a spicy lover like my family!
Feel free to swap in the following ingredients to make these your own:
- Ground beef for ground turkey
- Fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro, for the spice
- Spice blends like a mild taco seasoning or herb and onion blend
- If dairy free, feel free to omit the cheese
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can certainly cook these on the grill, in the oven or over the stove in a cast iron skillet!
Simple Sides to Pair with this Recipe
You may also enjoy these recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 each hatch chile chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Portion into 4 patties (or 6 if smaller patties are preferred.)
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with olive oil. Place the patties inside and cook at 370 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- When internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, remove patties from fryer.
- Serve immediately as desired. A whole grain bun, lettuce, tomato and onion is always a win!
- Burgers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.