Cheeseburger Naan Pizza – A Healthy Way to Enjoy Comfort Classics!
That’s what your thinking — right?
Did Liz just really post a Cheeseburger Naan Pizza recipe?
Well, HELL yes she did!
Well, for two reasons actually:
- I heard that Mr. CEO’s buds we’re elated when I published that Moscato Pork Loin and it just made my day! I realized maybe they’d engage more if I gave into their farm boy ways. (Shout out to you Mr. Lower.)
- Nothing screams American classics in my book that football, burgers and pizza.
So, it was a no brainer, this Cheeseburger Naan Pizza was born!
How did I Shaw’s Simple Swap this Cheeseburger Naan Pizza?
Why of course I used the following:
- Light thousand island dressing as the “sauce” vs. buttered buns
- Lean ground turkey vs. ground beef
- Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Love vs. diner grease
Since we’ve got that settled, I want to tell you how easy it is to make these babies on a sheet pan and literally stick them in the oven for no time flat! Plus, by using these mini naan breads, you can fit up to six on one pan. (Hint, no ness clean up!)
Slice into triangles, eat a la carte; seriously whatever your heart desires!
Cheeseburger Naan Pizza
- 6 mini naan breads
- 1/3 cup light thousand island dressing
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and seasoned lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 small Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pickle chips
- Ketchup optional toppings, mustard
- Preheat oven to 425*F or set to pizza setting.
- On a baking sheet, place 6 mini naan breads.
- Top each with 1-1 1/2 tablespoons thousand island dressing, 1/4 cup of ground turkey and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven. Top with tomatoes, red onion and pickle chips. Garnish with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- Slice into pieces or enjoy whole, your choice!