Cheeseburger Naan Pizza – A Healthy Way to Enjoy Comfort Classics! Note: This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.
That’s what your thinking — right?
Did Liz just really post a Cheeseburger Naan Pizza recipe?
Well, HELL yes she did!
Well, for two reasons actually:
- I heard that Mr. CEO’s buds we’re elated when I published that Moscato Pork Loin and it just made my day! I realized maybe they’d engage more if I gave into their farm boy ways. (Shout out to you Mr. Lower.)
- Nothing screams American classics in my book that football, burgers and pizza.
So, it was a no brainer, this Cheeseburger Naan Pizza was born!
How did I Shaw’s Simple Swap this Cheeseburger Naan Pizza?
Why of course I used the following:
- Light thousand island dressing as the “sauce” vs. buttered buns
- Lean ground turkey vs. ground beef
- Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Love vs. diner grease
Since we’ve got that settled, I want to tell you how easy it is to make these babies on a sheet pan and literally stick them in the oven for no time flat! Plus, by using these mini naan breads, you can fit up to six on one pan. (Hint, no ness clean up!)
Slice into triangles, eat a la carte; seriously whatever your heart desires!
- 6 mini naan breads
- 1/3 cup light thousand island dressing
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and seasoned lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 small Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pickle chips
- Ketchup optional toppings, mustard
- Preheat oven to 425*F or set to pizza setting.
- On a baking sheet, place 6 mini naan breads.
- Top each with 1-1 1/2 tablespoons thousand island dressing, 1/4 cup of ground turkey and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven. Top with tomatoes, red onion and pickle chips. Garnish with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- Slice into pieces or enjoy whole, your choice!
For a vegetarian option, substitute ground turkey for soy crumbles.
Be sure to checkout other amazing recipe inspiration below as you plan your next get together!
Classic Potato Salad by Celebrating Family
Chili Cheese Burritos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Fruit Spring Rolls with Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by Body Rebooted
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders by Dash of Herbs
Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip by The Culinary Compass
Chicks in a Blanket with Apricot Sauce by Mom’s Messy Miracles
Jalapeno Pale Ale Chili by Beer Girl Cooks
Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread by The Life Jolie
Sausage Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Feast + West
Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls by Family Food on the Table
Mini Bacon Ranch Cheese Balls by Honey & Birch
Cookie Dough Cheese Ball by Bread Booze Bacon
Hawaiian Pizza Jalapeno Poppers by Love & Flour
Meatloaf Sliders by Foodtastic Mom
Wonton Taco Cups by A Mind Full Mom
Pancetta and Smoked Mozzarella Arancini by The Secret Ingredient Is
Bean and Cheese Taco Bites by The BakerMama
Monte Cristo Poppers by See Aimee Cook
Chile Beer Sangria by Cake ‘n Knife
Low Carb Stuffed Crust Pizza by Sustaining the Powers
Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by The Mexitalian
No Churn Pistachio Baklava Ice Cream by Club Narwhal
Roasted Jalapeno Poppers by Off the Eaten Path
Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Hello Little Home
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Wings by Around My Family Table
Gluten Free Bread Sticks by What A Girl Eats
Cheesy Beef Dip by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs by The Crumby Cupcake
Greek Meatballs by Two Places at Once
Baked Taco Empanadas by Simplify, Live, Love
Cheese Sticks by Coffee Love Travel
Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Meatballs by West via Midwest
Puff Pastry Bacon Pizza Twists by 2 Cookin Mamas
Skillet Chicken Queso Dip by foodbyjonister
Spicy Sausage Rolls by Peanut Blossom
Protein Dark Chocolate Truffles by The Creative Bite
Chickpea Pepper Cheese Poppers by Bucket List Tummy
Maple Cranberry Apple Sangria by Order in the Kitchen
Meyer Lemon Shandies by The Speckled Palate
Game Day Fried Deviled Eggs with Chow Chow Relish by For the Love of Food
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls by Simple and Savory
Pastrami Nachos by A Little Gathering
Shrimp Ceviche Dip by Glisten and Grace
Football Bourbon Balls + Boozy Lemonade by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Apple Cider Mimosas With A Sparkly Sugar Rim by And She Cooks
Pulled Pork Stuffed Corn Dogs by Nik Snacks
Easy Pepperoni Rolls by Me and My Pink Mixer
Real Boneless Chicken Wings by Macheesmo
Califlower Tater Tots by Living Well Kitchen
Cheeseburger Naan Pizza by Shaws Simple Swaps
Red Velvet Ginger Rum Balls by Cafe Terra
Crab Rangoon by Brunch-n-Bites
Sweet n’ Spicy BBQ Popcorn by Life’s Ambrosia
Buffalo Chicken Rolls by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
Crowd Pleasing Steak Fajita Dip by Lizzy is Dizzy
Sriracha Hummus Pinwheel Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
Simlple Meatball Sub Sliders by Loaves & Dishes
Maple-Mustard Bacon Chicken Bites by An Oregon Cottage
Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese & Honey Mustard Dipping Sauces by A Simpler Grace
Ricotta Stuffed Sausage Meatballs by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen