Healthy Pork Loin Reuben – Just another use for your waffle maker!
Truth be told, there are many things Mr. CEO grew up eating that I never touched!
Reubens would be one of them.
But, when I think about it, I think I was so “grossed out” by the thought of a reuben for two reasons:
1- the thousand island dressing
2- the sauerkraut
Now, it’s sort of ironic because I used to LOVE the secret sauce at In-N-Out (essentially thousand island dressing) and I’m seriously head over heels for sauerkraut now (can I get an AMEN for the probiotic love!)
Thus, it was only a matter of time before this Healthy Pork Loin Reuben made a debut.
Remember that Moscato Pork Loin from the other day?
Well, that beauty plus whole grain bread, light thousand island dressing, organic sauerkraut and sharp gouda cheese combined to create this masterpiece.
And, a double bonus, you can make this in your waffle maker!
I have a unique waffle maker I tested for Food & Nutrition Magazine and it is a 50-50 split, part waffle iron, part panini press! So, let’s just say it was so much fun having a “waffle” in my reuben too!
I swear, if you make this Healthy Pork Loin Reuben now, your entire crowd will thank you later!
Healthy Pork Loin Reuben
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon light thousand island dressing
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 ounces pork loin
- Cooking spray
- Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Place one slice of bread down on the iron, top with 1 slice of cheese, 1/2 tablespoon of dressing, 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut and pork loin. Repeat, placing the sauerkraut, dressing, cheese and bread on top of the pork loin.
- Press the waffle iron down and let cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until whole grain bread is browned.
- Cut in half and enjoy with a side salad!
Nutrition Per Serving
Tell me, what’s your favorite type of reuben?