Slow Cooked Pork Loin in Moscato and Hot Peppers
Did I really put a bottle of Moscato in a crock pot with a pork loin and hot peppers?
Why yes I did!
Truth be told, I had sipped about 2 ounces out of a bottle of Moscato on New Years Eve and needed to come up with a simple swap to use the rest of the bottle.
Since Mr. CEO is not a wine drinker and I’m off the bottle currently, I knew I had to pick up some pork since I remember how much he enjoyed that sweet and spicy plum sauce I whipped up a few years back.
So, with a whole lotta love and faith, this beauty was born!
And, stay with me, it’s the first recipe in that trio I promised for the BLOGOVERSARY!
You’ll see with this Slow Cooked Pork Loin as the base, two other beautiful recipes were born.
And, no oven or stovetop was required!
That’s a meal we can all get on board with, right?
Dive into this Slow Cooked Pork Loin with me and let me know what you think!
- 750 milliliter bottle of Moscato Wine
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 hot peppers roughly chopped
- 5 pound boneless pork loin
- Set a slow cooker to LOW and add the wine.
- Stir in the table salt, bay leaves and roughly chopped peppers.
- Add the pork loin and cover slow cooker with lid.
- Cook on LOW heat for 4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 145*F.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with side salad, vegetable of choice and Habanero BBQ sauce!
- Let cool completely and freeze additional slices for later in a sealed container.