Tired of buying store bought ranch dressing that you still aren’t quite sure how it can have a shelf life of over a year? I get it. This Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a simple DIY recipe you can use as a dip or dressing over your favorite salads, chips, veggies and more!
Are you a LOYAL ranch dressing fan?
Even if you are, I promise this is just as satisfying as those ranch mixes you pick up at the store but is budget friendly (you’ll pay over $1.59 for a small 2 teaspoon serving).
Plus, you can nix those “fillers” you don’t necessarily need. However if you still prefer the “flavorings” of the store bought mixes, I won’t hate on you.
I challenge you though to whip up this DIY Ranch Dressing Mix for your next party and see what your guests say (if anything)!
I promise, if I can get by without my crowd saying anything, you can too!
What modifications can I make?
Dairy free? Then opt for a silken tofu. But caution, the flavor may be slightly different!
Low sodium? Then lower the salt to 1/4 teaspoon and serve with a pretzel for those who need a little more of that salt fix at your party!
Gluten free? No worries, I got you! The recipe is 100% gluten free already!
Pro tips to make this dressing
- If you’re on the fence about the whole yogurt ranch dressing thing, then start with a fifty-fifty split with sour cream! It’ll still help boost the nutrition and satisfy your comfort classic recipe.
- Don’t skip on the vinegar. It brings the zing to the recipe!
- Do use fresh herbs if you have them. Remember, 1 tbsp fresh yields 1 tsp of dried!
Other dip and dressing recipes you may enjoy
Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
- 2 tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Yogurt Ranch Dressing Dip
- 2 teaspoons DIY Ranch Dry Mix
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Measure out spice equivalents and put in a small jar with a lid.
- When ready to make a dip, add 2 teaspoons into Greek yogurt, mix with 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar depending on how tangy you like your dip! Feel free to mix in 1-2 tablespoons of water as well if you prefer a thinner dressing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 5 days.
To slowly make the switch from a store bought Ranch, try a 50-50 split of light sour cream with the plain, nonfat Greek yogurt!