Cilantro Pistachio Pesto – Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free
I never met a diet I liked.
You’ve heard me say it before but I’ll say it again, what are the first three letters of diet?
Because truly that’s what I feel like. A little piece of me dies when I even consider a diet.
But, I will say, I know many people who use a diet as a way to get back on track for a short period of time.
Sort of like a kick in the butt to get them going.
Though I can’t say that’s for me, I do respect those who find this helpful for them and support them on their journey to accepting and embracing all foods.
With that said, this recipe was born out of respect for my Paleo loving friends.
I hate that the Paleo approved products cost an arm and a leg.
So, I gift you (and your wallet) this Cilantro Pistachio Pesto!
It certainly is much more economical and not only tastes divine on the Pistachio Turkey Meatballs, but also on a few of my other favorite dishes!
Whip this up for your game day eats or simply because it’s Wednesday, whatever your heart desires!
Cilantro Pistachio Pesto
- 1/3 cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves stems removed
- 2 small jalapeños seeds removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until smooth, usually 30 to 40 seconds.
- Remove and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Use within 5 days for best quality.