Stop buying store bought dressing! You can literally make your own that’s a third of the price and tastes even better from the comfort of your own home. This Vegan Green Goddess Dressing is the perfect dive into making your own.
Are you a fan of green goddess dressing?
If you aren’t, you are about to be!
I’m sure you’ve come across a decent amount of variations of this dressing online, but here’s why you’ll want to make this one.
I may be biased, but this is the BEST VEGAN GREEN GODDESS DRESSING you will find online!
First, it’s easy. You can literally make this with everything you likely already have on hand.
Second, it’s delicious. Seriously, there’s nothing better than a salad topped off with the perfect light but creamy dressing!
Third, it’s nutritious! Seriously, there’s nothing in here you can’t pronounce, and it has no added sugar too (unlike many of the store bought dressings that have 3 or more grams of added sugars hidden in them!)
What do I need to make this DIY vegan green goddess dressing?
It’s really simple! Not kidding.
You will need:
-One medium avocado
-One bunch of cilantro
-Extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
-White wine vinegar
Now, if you happen to be out of cilantro, you can substitute basil. It will take on a different flavor, but will be delicious as well!
I highly suggest not substituting the avocado with more oil as truly the avocado is the creamy goodness that really ties the dressing together.
What should I serve this dressing with?
Truthfully, whatever you want!
I served it over a nice kale salad with sliced apples and a seedy cranberry mix, but you can certainly pair this with anything.
Here are some of the Shaw Kitchen staples we use this freuqently with:
We’ve also tried it over steak, pasta, and sandwiches!
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Be sure to wipe down the sides with a spatula to ensure all ingredients mix evenly.
- If dressing is to thick, add a tablespoon more of oil for a heavier dressing or water for a lighter dressing.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator and use within 7 days. Before serving, shake vigorously.