Looking to take your homemade salsa game up a notch? Then this Hatch Chile Salsa Verde is for you! Packed with flavor and made in under 10 minutes, it’s the perfect addition to your nacho bar!
Thus, this recipe was born and has been a mainstay in our kitchen ever since!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
- If hatch chiles aren’t in season or you can’t get your hands on them, we swap this with Anaheim Chile peppers or Serrano peppers too!
- The jalapeño no is in addition to the peppers! It adds a nice kick, but if you prefer less spicy you can omit this.
How to Make this Recipe
Step 1: Lightly coat the peppers and tomatillos in oil then broil on a center oven rack for 4 minutes, flip, and broil remaining 4 minutes.
Step 2: Remove and toss all ingredients into a high powered blender.
Step 3: Process until smooth!
Step 4: Pour into your favorite dish to serve with chips, or store in a glass jar and place in the refrigerator.
Recipe Notes + Tips
- Double batch this recipe if you want to make enough for leftovers or to freeze for later!
- I have never tried to can this, so cannot comment on that with this recipe. It usually doesn’t last long enough!
- I recommend using Anaheim Chile peppers if you cannot find Hatch Chiles. They add a very subtle flavor that is tolerable but not to overpowering in spice!
This Hatch Chile Salsa Verde also pairs wonderfully with these recipes!
- Swap in this vibrant green salsa for the sauce in my Homemade Turkey Enchiladas.
- Use this to slather over my California Breakfast Burritos!
- Dip that Crunchwrap Supreme in this beauty bowl of salsa!
- And of course, top those Beef Brisket Nachos with this!
Other Sauce + Dip Recipes You May Enjoy
Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 each Hatch Chiles
- 1 each Jalapeno Pepper seeded
- 4 each tomatillos
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Turn oven to broil setting.
- Rinse chilies, jalapeno and tomatillos under water, dry, then cut off the stems and remove the seeds from the peppers. Place on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Place in oven on center rack, broil for 4 minutes, then flip, and broil remaining 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss all ingredients into high powered blender.
- Puree 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!