If you love a good Taco Bell California Crunchwrap Supreme, this recipe is for you. Save your money and make fast food, fresh, at home!
I love a good challenge, don’t you?
On a given day, I usually spend at least an hour thinking of recipe ideas I want to create healthier versions of we all can enjoy.
Yep, #foodbloggerproblems to the max!
But, lucky for you and me, my friends over at Flatout came to me with an awesome idea for collaboration this month to feature 3 brand new recipes here on the blog!
So, say it with me, YIPPPPEEEE!!!
Truth be told, this California Crunchwrap Supreme was likely going to happen this month either way.
Well, it appears my Grandpa has taken a strong liking to the latest Taco Bell (TB) craze!
And, since his Champagne Lady used to enjoy a good TB dinner, I knew it was only time before I created a healthier version the whole family could enjoy.
Enter the Shaw’s Simple Swaps California Crunchwrap Supreme!
This beauty right here has something completely unique about it.
It’s not only filled with the staples of the beloved crunch wrap (i.e. protein, refried beans, cheese, lettuce and salsa) but its got the creamy goodness of the delicious (and nutritious) avocado!
California Crunch Wrap Supreme
- 1 15 ounce can black beans *rinse under water to reduce sodium
- 1 teaspoon Southwestern Chipotle Salt Free Seasoning *salt free taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 6 tablespoons Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 each Rustic White Artisan Thin Crust Pizzas from Flatout
- 5 ounces cooked pulled chicken breast
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 2 teaspoons sour cream *fat free for WW
- Prepare “refried beans”. In a food processor, place rinsed black beans, seasoning, chopped jalapenos and 2 tablespoons of Pico de Gallo. Pulse for 5 seconds, until slightly chunky dip consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Place a flat non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Place the 5 Grain Foldit Flatout on the pan.
- Assemble California Crunchwrap Supreme. Place 3 tablespoons of “refried beans” mixture on one side of the Flatout. Add 2 1/2 ounces of pulled chicken, 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, and 1/4 cup of lettuce.
- On the other side of the Flatout, spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole. Fold the guacamole side onto the lettuce. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, flip, then cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Happy Cooking, friends!