Cowboy Salsa Tacos – Vegan, Gluten Free & Ready in 5 Minutes, Flat!
Boy oh boy do I have a surprise for you!
I’m taking a slight detour from Ask the RDN today to show you how these Cowboy Salsa Tacos are pretty much the best thing since sliced bread!
What inspired me to whip up these Cowboy Salsa Tacos?
The Recipe ReDux of course! Here’s the challenge we were posed this month:
February 21 is a Tuesday. So show us your healthy, creative take on the taco.
So, naturally, I created these Cowboy Salsa Tacos because:
1- I had all ingredients on hand.
2- They are easy, healthy and filling!
3- I could make a sweet video, like this one!
Join the fun and whip up these Cowboy Salsa Tacos for a fabulously festive Tuesday!
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can yellow corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can no added salt diced tomatoes drained
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice divided
- 3 cups arugula washed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8-12 hard taco shells
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn and tomatoes. Stir in the taco seasoning, salt and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Microwave for 60 seconds, or heat over the stove until warm.
- In a separate bowl, toss arugula with canola oil and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Fill taco shells with bean mixture and top with arugula.
- Add sliced avocado to garnish and for a healthy fat!
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out the other Recipe ReDux’s great taco recipes below!
Tell me- are you a hard or soft taco fan?!