Crunchy Sunflower Seed Granola – Gluten Free & Vegan
Do you ever have those months where you make the same basic recipe with different variations a handful of times?
This month that recipe was granola.
I kid you not when I say my neighbors got a bag full of granola on multiple occasions because I just couldn’t figure out which one I wanted to be the winner.
Well, lucky for all of us, I decided on the most basic of the bunch so you can EASILY #SimpleSwap this beauty to make it your own.
BOOM, mic drop, right?
Alright, we’ll maybe that’s taking it a little bit to far, but nonetheless you’ll want to make this Crunchy Sunflower Seed Granola STAT!
Not only is this Crunch Sunflower Seed Granola friendly for just about every single dietary preference, but it’s also packed with prebiotics in the whole grain old fashioned rolled oats, aka, the food that fuels your gut bacteria!
Did you know that a BIG portion of your immune system is actually housed in your gut?
That means that the key to preventing those winter colds (and flu!) actually begins in your GUT!
And, because The Recipe ReDux owners just so happen to be three fabulous RDNs as well, they know the importance of GOOD GUT HEALTH! Hence the theme of this months contest “GOOD GUT HEALTH!” Be sure to check out the other AMAZING recipes below to help keep you healthy this season.
Now, who’s ready to make some Crunch Sunflower Seed Granola?
- 3 cups rolled old fashioned oats gluten free if gluten intolerant
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil I used almond oil, however you can use oil of choice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir together with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Add in the cinnamon and salt, mix together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour granola onto the baking sheet, making sure it's evenly distributed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir, baking another 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
You can easily jazz up this recipe to make it your own! Add your favorite dried fruits, nuts or heck, chocolate chips if you’re feeling up to it!
Tell me, what would you add to your basic granola?!