Raise your hand if you’re excited to dive into this GF Crunchy Chocolate Chip Granola with me!
Here’s what you need to make this recipe.
This GF Crunchy Chocolate Chip Granola is seriously To Die For! I now understand why bloggers say they have to make multiple batches when testing granola. Yep, I too ate the ENTIRE batch solo in my first round of testing. See, I was really sacrificing for you to come up with this recipe. My waistline does not thank you, but my taste buds do!
Now, the good stuff. This recipe is packed full of fiber, protein and if you eat it in moderation (aka 1/4-1/2 cup), you will be well under the caloric value of a traditional granola. This recipe has 80 calories per 1/4 cup serving and less than 2 grams of total fat!
If you like CHOCOLATE (which I’m fairly certain you all probably do), check back Wednesday because I’ve got a special edition pudding to serve this granola with!
GF Crunchy Chocolate Chip Granola with Amaranth
- 1 cup popped amaranth
- 1 cup gluten free dry oats
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips allergen friendly for vegan version
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted vegan butter or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine amaranth, oats, chocolate chips, vanilla, applesauce, sugar and butter. Stir with a spatula until evenly mixture is evenly coated.
- Heat oven to 350*F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread wet mixture evenly onto cooking sheet, making sure a thin layer is formed.
- Place in oven and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Break and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week (though I don’t think it will last that long!)