Ever just needed a cookie… like NOW. Don’t worry, I’ve been there too! Sometimes waiting until the weekend to bake up a batch of wholesome goodies just won’t do. Sure, the fudge pop you pulled out of the freezer may be a quick fix. But, let’s be honest…. there’s nothing like a batch of fresh baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies right out of the oven!
Just between you and me, I seem to have a sweet addiction to anything chocolate and peanut butter. I have tried to go cold turkey and rid the two out of my life (#worstdecisionever), only to find myself face planting into a 1/2 cup of powdered peanut butter with a heaping handful of mini chocolate chips. Yes, I am human and sometimes I too forget to heed my own advice. Trust me, lesson learned to practice what I preach and focus on balance and moderation after that stomach ache I’ll tell ya!
In an effort to satisfy my chocolate peanut butter craving, I decided to see what I could create out of the #simpleswaps I had in my kitchen. Luckily the chocolate chip raid from last week did not completely deplete my stockpile of the tiny goodies, so I was able to use those with a mix of cocoa powder, whole wheat flour and powdered peanut butter to create a decadently sweet, oh so chewy cookie on the fly.
Now, not only are these bad boys made with ingredients I am certain we all can pronounce, but they’re also delicious as a snack… morning, noon or night. Take it up a notch and put a little powdered peanut butter and slice of banana between two cookies, sandwich together and you’ve got a protein packed, low calorie sweet treat. Trust me, you’re welcome!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2/3-1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond milk, egg whites, stevia and powdered peanut butter.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all remaining ingredients together.
- Combine dry into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Baked for 10-12 minutes until cookie are soft and moist (almost like a spring when you touch them!).
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!