Step aside Smucker’s, there’s a new chia jam in town!
Cranberries are no longer just for holiday dinner, this recipe is about to blow.your.mind.
Are you ready? Alright, here it goes!
This #shawsimpleswap original recipe was inspired by the Blueberry Chia Seed Jam my gal pal Delish Knowledge whipped up a few years ago. I pinned it thinking what a brilliant idea, as I do with so many recipes, however never got around to making it. Until now!
I’ve been trying to pump Mr. CEO full of anti-inflammatory foods like chia seeds that contain omega-3s to help keep him healthy while training. He’s working out like crazy in addition to pulling long hours at the office. I don’t want him to wear himself out, so I like to practice a little stealth health and sneak in extra nutrients whenever and wherever I can. Shh, don’t tell!
I bought a bag of frozen cranberries on sale after Nutritioulicious whipped up this stellar Cranberry Bread over the holidays. Though I did create a #shawsimpleswap version of it, Jessica’s version was far superior. Hence mine did not make the blog cut! #recipefail, I’d say so!
Eyeing those frozen berries, I decided it was time I try something new. Combining extra chia seeds I had on hand, 100% fruit juice and a whole lotta heart, this new #shawsimpleswap creation came to life. And let me tell you, this one definitely made the cut!
I love this recipe because not only does it require minimal prep, it’s something you can make in small batches and keep on hand for up to two weeks. I love to smear this chia jam on my pb and j sandwiches, a fancy goat cheese appetizer and even on top of a brown sugar pancake stack. Truly, the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup 100% cranberry pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar 3 tablespoons if you prefer sweeter jam
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a blender or food processor, place cranberries, 100% juice, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached. You can puree if you do not prefer chunks in your jam.
- Pour contents into a mason jar with a lid.
- Add chia seeds to mixture and secure top on jar.
- Shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator and enjoy on toast, pancakes, waffles.... the opportunities are endless!