Looking for a simple, fast, and healthy bagel recipe you can make at home that your kids will love too? Then these Mini Bagels are for you! Ready in under 30 minutes with just 4 main ingredients, you won’t regret adding these to your meal prep routine this weekend.
My toddler loves bagels! I mean truthfully, who doesn’t though?
While I will admit, there’s nothing like a bagel from NYC, but these definitely do the trick for a simple and easy recipe from home (and ready in under 30 minutes with no boiling required!)
A big bonus is that these Mini Bagels are filled with protein too! Greek yogurt is the powerhouse that holds these cuties together!
What you need to make this recipe
How to make this recipe
(1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together the flour with the baking powder and salt to create a self-rising flour.
(2) If you are adding in spices to create a flavor, do this now! See Recipe Notes below for a few suggestions.
(3) With a fork, mix in the Greek yogurt.
(4) The dough should be thick and not too moist when ready to make the bagels. If it appears to moist, add a tablespoon more of flour.
(5) Spread flour down on an even surface.
(6) Place dough on the baking surface on the flour.
(7) Form the dough into 10 mini bagels. You can do this by forming the dough into circles and poking a hole through the center. Or, roll the dough into twists then form into a circle.
(8) Place the bagels on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes.
(9) Remove from oven and let cool.
Viola! Mini Bagels are done and ready to go!
Here’s a few tips to make sure these come out perfect everytime!
- Be sure to mix the flour and baking powder/salt together well before moving on to the next step! You are creating your own self-rising flour here!
- You can use an all-purpose flour or a 50-50 mix with whole wheat and white flour if you can’t find white whole wheat flour.
- Add the seasonings to the dry mix before the yogurt, this will allow for an even spice mix to be distributed in every bite.
- Use at least 2% fat Greek yogurt. It has a better flavor!
Now, if you’d like to spice these up, here’s a few of the Shaw Kitchen favorites!
- Pumpkin Spice:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon Raisin:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon + 1/3 cup raisins
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tsp EBS in the flour + 1 tbsp to toss on top
- Garlic Sesame Seed:
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder in the flour + 1 tbsp sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of bagels
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided (1/3 cup mixed into the dough, remaining sprinkled on top before baking)
What to Serve this With
I highly recommend making your own peanut butter cream cheese! This adds a little more protein to the bagel!
(1) Add 4 oz light cream cheese + 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter to a bowl.
(2) Mix until combined.
Spread evenly over your bagel and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Will Enjoy
If you liked this recipe, I’m sure you will love my French Toast Bagels!
These also pair perfectly with:
Mini Bagels Recipe
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the flour to a medium bowl, then whisk together the baking powder and salt until uniformly combined. If adding spices to flavor the bagels, add them in here now.
- Add the Greek yogurt to the flour and combine with a fork until mixed together. Set aside.
- Spread flour on an even surface and place the dough into the flour. Evenly divide the dough into 10 pieces.
- Shape each dough into mini bagels.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place bagels on sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve as desired. Store in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator and use within 10 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
I’d love to hear what you think about this!