Microwave Cornbread Muffin with a Honey Butter Glaze
It was a cold winter day. Just a girl, her mug and a mission in mind.
Oh, a mission to create a light and fluffy cornbread muffin in just 90 seconds flat!
Because I wanted, no, I needed, a quick fix recipe to pair with that Sweet Potato Chili!
Enter…this Microwave Cornbread Muffin!
I’m not sure what will inspire you to whip up this Microwave Cornbread Muffin, but here’s a few ways you can enjoy this recipe for breakfast, lunch or a snack!
- Slather that delicious Cranberry Chia or Homemade Fig Jam between this golden deliciousness!
- No salad is complete in my book without a CARB!
- Step aside Marie Calendars, we can do one better at home!
- Toss in a few chocolate chips to the mix and satisfy that late night sweet treat!
- Oh, and of course, top with peanut butter!
See, I told you, the possibilities are endless!
What are you waiting for?!
If you’ve got 90 seconds, you’ve got time for this Microwave Cornbread Muffin in your life!
- 3 tablespoons white cornmeal mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk of choice
In a small bowl or mug, mix cornmeal mix and baking powder.
Add in the vegetable oil, applesauce and milk. Stir until combined, 30 seconds tops!
Spray a small mug or microwave safe dish with cooking spray.
Microwave for 60 seconds.
Remove with a kitchen towel (it will be hot).
Have you jumped on the microwave individual serving chain?
If not, be sure to check out my latest piece for Shape here to get some more inspiring recipes too!