Feeling like the taste of fall but over the sweet treats? Then whip up this savory Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili! It’s ready in under 30 minutes and has just the right amount of spice to warm you from the inside out!
I’ve never looked so forward to fall as I have this year. Like everything else, I blame COVID, and am DYING for a change and something to look forward too!
Enter, pumpkins, fall, and all the warm comfort filled foods.
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili is perfect for those nights you need something nourishing, healthy, and just damn delicious!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
(1) Start by sautéing the veggies together in the oil.
(2 + 3) Add in the turkey and spices, saute until turkey is browned.
(4) Add in the crushed tomatoes, pumpkin puree, and chiles. Stir together and add in the vegetable broth.
(5) Pressure cook.
(6) Quick release, then stir in the canned white beans.
Then, viola! The recipe is done and ready for you to dive into!
Here are some tips to help you make this recipe perfect everytime!
- Be sure you don’t burn the turkey or veggies while sautéing them! This could cause a BURN message during pressure cooking if you do.
- If you notice it did get a little charred, simply add a little more veggie broth and scrap the bottom before continuing on with the recipe.
- Add enough of the vegetable broth! I use a veggie bouillon cube then add 2 cups of water, but feel free to use what you have.
- You can omit the white beans but I highly recommend keeping them in!
- Jalapeños can be used in place of Hatch chiles, or omitted all together if you are sensitive to spice.
What to Pair with This Recipe
Hands down you’ll want to add the Healthy Cornbread recipe to this beauty!
If you’re tight on time, the single serve Microwave Cornbread recipe is also a winner.
Or, of course my Onion Beer Biscuits!
Seriously, you can’t go wrong with a hearty slice of bread in this beauty!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 each Hatch chili peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsps dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 15.5 ounce canned pumpkin puree
- 15.5 ounce canned crushed tomatoes no salt added
- 15.5 ounce canned white beans
- Press the saute function on the Instant Pot, and add the oil, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 4 minutes, then add the garlic and turkey. Brown the turkey for 4 minutes, then stir in the spices.
- Press Cancel, then add in the vegetable broth, pumpkin, and crushed tomatoes. Stir. Secure lid, set valve to sealing and select pressure cook. Adjust the time to 8 minutes.
- When cooking completes, use a quick release to remove the pressure. Stir in the can of beans and serve immediately.
- Chili will last for 5 days when secured in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.