Looking for a healthy, easy, and nutritious apple crisp recipe? Then this Cinnamon Apple Crisp is for you! Ready in under 45 minutes, it’s the perfect ending to a fall meal that everyone can enjoy. Made dairy and gluten-free! Can be made without added sugar as well.
If you found yourself with a bag of fresh apples, then this recipe is certainly one you will want to whip up!
We went apple picking in Julian, California and came home with SO many apples! I knew it was time I updated my Cinnamon Apple Crisp so this beauty finally got a facelift.
Same delicious flavor, pinky promise!
What You Need to Make This Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
(1) Make sure you have all the ingredients ready to go! I highly suggest using an apple corer to core the apples, then slice thinly.
(2) Toss the cinnamon and salt with the apples in a medium bowl.
(3) Stir in the vanilla, maple syrup, and butter. The toss with the oats.
(4 + 5) Add in the crushed walnuts and stir one more time.
(6) Spread evenly into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, then let carry over cook 10 minutes in the oven.
Remove Cinnamon Apple Crisp and serve warm with desired toppings!
This recipe is seriously so easy to make! You really can’t screw it up, I swear!
Here are a few tips on swaps you can make to make this your own:
- Swap the apples to what you have on hand. Gala and Fuji are sweeter than Granny Smith, so adjust sweetener accordingly.
- If you want to make this added sugar free, you can swap in date syrup or omit the syrup all together.
- I don’t recommend no sweetener! I actually used a monk fruit maple syrup to keep it more diabetic friendly for my grandpa!
- If you have a nut allergy in the house, feel free to omit and use seeds of choice. Pumpkin and sunflower are excellent additions!
What to Serve this With
If you want to keep this dairy free, top with your desired coconut or soy-based dairy whipped topping or plant-based yogurt.
If dairy-free isn’t a necessity, then try a cow’s milk whipped cream or ice cream for dessert, or a skyr or Greek yogurt for breakfast!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
If you liked this apple recipe, you have to try my Healthy Applesauce Muffins!
Other dairy-free recipes you may like:
Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- 6 Jonathan apples washed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter plant based
- 1 cup rolled oats quick cook
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss sliced apples with cinnamon and salt. Mix in the vanilla, maple syrup, melted butter, and rolled oats. Apples should be uniformly coated.
- Fold in the walnuts, then spread into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then turn off oven and let the apples carry over cook for another 10.
- Remove and serve warm with desired toppings.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve within 5 days for best quality. Reheat before serving.