Gluten Free Honey Oat Cereal Bars – There’s no excuse not to eat breakfast!
Geez, I am missing you lately.
I know, feelings mutual, huh?
I was up early the other day (no way, right?!), thinking about you and how I could make your life a little easier. I know many people are getting ready to bounce back into a more “routine” schedule once summer ends, so today seemed like the perfect timing for these guys.
Since we know breakfast is crucial to a successful day, it’s important we get back into the swing of starting our days with healthy foods that fuel our bodies right!
Plus, being it’s Fertility Friday, I HAD to share these Gluten Free Honey Oat Cereal Bars with you.
Well, I read the most fascinating article while researching for the book about whole grains and fertility success. The research shows higher intakes of whole grains prior to undergoing ART (assisted reproductive technologies) actually increases your chances of a successful implantation!
Literally my mind was blown and I ran straight into the kitchen to come up with these Gluten Free Honey Oat Cereal Bars… #babygoals!
So, it was basically a no brainer, I HAD to share a collection of easy whole grain recipes with you! Plus, you can easily incorporate these into your daily routine. Not only do they provide excellent nourishment for you and your family members, but they also can be made gluten free!
There’s research showing those with complications from gluten intolerance and Celiac Disease may struggle with infertility, so it’s important to remember that whole grains come in many forms, not just whole wheat products!
Whole Grain Recipes: Gluten Free
Whole Grain Recipes: Gluten Filled
Just some food for thought, now let’s dive into these Gluten Free Honey Oat Cereal Bars and enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
Bonus, I’ve baked the milk right in and these are not filled with added sugar!
- 2 cups GF cereal
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup nut butter or sunflower seed spread
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Pulse GF cereal, oats and baking soda in a food processor for 3-5 minutes until flour like consistency achieved. Remove and set aside.
- Add the dates and milk to the processor, fitted still with the metal blade.
- Pulse 5 minutes until a thin paste is achieved, add in butter, honey and vanilla extract. Pulse 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the flour mixture and pulse until mixture is combined. A thick batter should form.
- Scoop into an 8-mold granola bar pan sprayed with cooking spray, or 12 muffins.
- Baked for 26-28 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make frosting by whipping Greek yogurt with the nut butter. Place in a zip lock fastened bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Frost each in a zigzag pattern.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week, or freeze without frosting for up to two months.