Looking for a smaller turkey recipe to enjoy for the holidays or a weekend meal? Then this Boneless Turkey Roast Recipe is just for you! Using a 3 to 5 pound bird, this roast comes together in under 90 minutes and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Plus, it doubles as leftovers throughout the entire week!
I love this recipe any time of year! But, especially during this holiday season that may be looking a little different than others.
What You Need to Make this Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
This Boneless Turkey Roast Recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.
(1) Layer the olive oil and spices over the turkey.
(2) Place the onion and fresh sage on the top and tucked into the turkey where you can. Then, place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue to cook.
When the internal temperature reachers 165 degrees F, the roast is ready to pull out!
You will want to let the roast rest when you pull it out of the oven before slicing for 10 to 15 minutes.
Then, slice and plate for serving!
This pairs excellent with roasted veggies and potatoes (both of which can be made while roasting the bird!)
This recipe is pretty fool proof!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while preparing this Boneless Turkey Roast Recipe!
- Bird size:
- I recommend a 4 to 5 pound boneless bird for this recipe. If all you can find is bone-in, then you will need to adjust cooking time and bump it up.
- We love the combination of rosemary and sage, but feel free to make this your own! If you have another favorite pairing, feel free to use them as well.
- For those watching their sodium intakes, you can omit the salt addition and have table salt for guests to add as needed.
What to Serve with this Recipe
Any of your favorite sides or roasted veggies!
Here are a few we have grown to love over here in the Shaw Kitchen:
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Broccoli Salad
- Red Rice & Pumpkin Seed Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach & Onions
What to Make with Leftovers
Have extra turkey you aren’t sure what to do with? Then I recommend trying out these healthy and hearty recipes that freeze well too!
Or, swap the tuna or chicken for your turkey in these beauties!
Boneless Turkey Roast Recipe
- 5 pound boneless turkey breast
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 each small onion
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the boneless turkey roast into a large roasting pan. Pour the olive oil over the top, using a brush to make sure all the roast is coated.
- Sprinkle the spices over the top, then place the onion over the top and on the sides.
- Tuck in the fresh sage on the top of the roast, then place in the oven.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 425 degrees F, then turn down the oven and continue to cook for remaining 70 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.)
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with desired sides and sauce.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container, or freeze for up to 3 months.