This simple and comforting Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes is the perfect side to complement any meal! Nutritious and delicious, this naturally gluten-free side comes together in under 45 minutes to please your entire crowd.
Perfect for a holiday side or roasted and served with a simple salad, these simple Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes do not disappoint!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F before you start making these Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes.
(1) Toss baby potatoes with oil and spices.
(2) Spread evenly on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast for 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes to ensure even roasting.
Remove and toss with fresh herbs before serving.
Don’t over think these! They are so stinking easy to make, you can’t mess them up. I swear!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making these:
- Use whatever variety of baby potatoes you can find. The multi-colored ones are great and pack a variety of antioxidants too!
- Toss in whatever spice blends you prefer. If making a Mexican themed dinner, these are great with a zesty taco seasoning blend!
- Fresh herbs to garnish with are my favorite! Basil is great for an Italian themed side with chicken, or cilantro for the Mexican themed meals!
If you want to take these up a notch too for a fun appetizer, you can smash them and top with cheese to turn into your own nachos!
I’ve got a few air fryer options with these too in my Air Fryer Cookbook For Dummies to checkout!
Can I turn these into mashed potatoes?
You sure can! Simply ensure the potatoes are cooked through (like they will be when you finish this recipe) and take your potato masher (or pastry blender) and mash.
Add your desired seasonings and viola, a simple mashed potato!
How can I simple swap (or lighten up) potatoes?
I’ve created a simple video showing you how to keep the big flavor of the taters you’ve come to expect while boosting the nutrition too!
Here are my biggest two swaps:
- Add 1/2 cup riced cauliflower for each 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- Add 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt for a creamy, tangy taste to the final dish
Oh, and duah! Don’t forget butter (I love the plant based avocado oil versions), salt and pepper!
Other Sides You May Enjoy
Looking for more simple sides? Then you have to try these!
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes washed
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss baby potatoes with olive oil and spices.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 to 20 minutes to evenly roast.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Store leftovers in an air tight container and use within. 5 days.
Happy Cooking, friends!