Looking for a fresh salad recipe that will please the whole crowd?! Then this Vegan Broccoli Salad is for you!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
I promise it’s as easy as it looks!
Gather the essentials:
- Broccoli florets
- Pomegranate arils
- Maple syrup
- Vegan mayonaise
- Cane sugar
How to Make this Recipe
Now that you’ve got your mise en plas, get ready to assemble!
You’ll want to start by roasting your walnuts with the maple glaze (that’s literally the longest part of this recipe!)
But, you can also just buy pre-roasted walnuts with a maple hint to them too if you’d like to save time.
Then, once roasted and glazed with the maple syrup, you can toss the dressing with the florets and add those beautiful arils!
This recipe was inspired by my desire to create a vegan, gluten free side dish that was festive and mom approved!
I’d say… mission accomplished, this Broccoli Salad is a new family favorite! Not only did my mom asked for seconds and my sister even took a serving for lunch the next day.
Now, just how did I do this?
Well my friends, it all comes down to the magic of the pomegranate arils, roasted maple walnuts and my good cruciferous friend, broccoli.
Just look at this beauty… not too bad of a #shawsimpleswap huh?
Oh, and of course, mayonnaise!
Yes, I must admit, I knew my mom was not going to love this with my favorite plain Greek yogurt swap, so I enlisted the help of a new vegan find, Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo!
Though I’m still a purist at heart (#Greekyogurtswapperforlife), the family actually devoured this so I know it’s a winner.
Don’t wait, whip this up now and you’ll be the star of the holiday party in no time!
What to Pair this With
This Vegan Broccoli Salad pairs wonderfully with these Shaw Kitchen favorites!
Vegan Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Roasted Maple Walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts with maple syrup and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place nuts on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Finely chop when cooled.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli florets, pomegranate arils and cooled maple roasted walnuts.
- In a smaller bowl, combine pomegranate juice, water, mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and salt.
- Pour over broccoli and combine to cover the salad.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Cooking, friends!