Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts are the perfect addition to your fall menu! Lightly sweetened and filled with good-for-you fats, these will certainly be the hit of your holiday season!
It was a cold, rainy day in southern California. So, as you can imagine, that RARELY happens.
With a bottle of Truvia® Nectar in hand, I entered the kitchen with one mission in mind: create a healthy version of Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts!
#MrCEO is a big fan of anything pumpkin. Seriously, he now is even so hip he knows what #PSL means! (pumpkin spice latte!)
Wanting to create a healthier version of these white chocolate coated pumpkin nuts my mom gifted him last year, I knew my latest assignment using Truvia® Nectar would be a great fit!
What is this Truvia® Nectar?
- Truvia® Nectar is a new product that blends stevia leaf extract and honey. It’s a great way to add a little sweetness to your recipes while managing sugar intake and reducing calories – of course as part of a balanced diet!
- With 50% fewer calories than sugar, Truvia® Nectar is a simple switch that adds honey sweetness to beverages and recipes!
Basically, it’s the latest innovation to hit the shelves to help Americans reduce their intake of sugar! As you know, the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting added sugars to less than 10 percent of total daily calories.
Rather than avoiding your favorite treats all together, you can begin to think outside of the box with products like Truvia® Nectar. Experiment with these culinary innovations in your recipes, like these Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts!
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Truvia® Nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup raw unsalted pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat on the stove, mix sweetener with water and spices until it thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the nuts, tossing to coat.
- Spread nuts out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes prior to eating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the pantry.
Looking for Truvia® Nectar? Check out their website here to find the market nearest you that sells this gem!
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the “#UseNectar” campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are my own!
Let’s chat! Are you a fan of Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts?
Tell me how you’d enjoy these babies in the comments below or connect with me on social here!