Use up that leftover turkey in this Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini! Warm, comforting and nutritious, this recipe is a win-win with the entire family! Made in under 30 minutes, it’s a one-pot dish that will soon become a family favorite!
What You need to make this recipe
Note, not pictured are onions and water that you will need to make this Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini!
how to make this recipe
This one-pot Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
(1) Start by sauteing the oil with the onions, mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper.
(2) Stir in the carrots, peas, and water and cover. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
(3 + 4) Stir in the cream cheese and half and half and let cook, about 3 to 4 minutes.
(5) Stir in the cooked turkey.
(6) Then toss in your cooked pasta noodles.
Viola, you’re done! It’s so super easy and simple to make this Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini! Plus, it’s ready in under 30 minutes or less!
Top with your favorite chopped herbs and serve with a side salad or garlic bread – your choice!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when making this recipe:
- The more, the merrier! Use what you have and what your family likes.
- If you have cooked vegetables, you will not need to cover and cook them in the water. I’d still recommend adding the water to help thin out the sauce.
- I’ve never made this dairy free with a plant based cream cheese and plant based half and half alternative. If you do, please let me know how it tastes!
- Feel free to sub in cooked chicken or whatever white meat protein you have!
- Use a whole grain to boost the fiber, or swap in a gluten free for those who are gluten sensitive.
- Swap in a hearts of palm pasta or zoodles if you are looking to lower the carbs.
other one-pot meals you may enjoy
If you liked this simple one-pot meal, you may also like:
Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup skim half and half
- 6 oz angel hair pasta cooked
- 2 cups cooked chopped turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Pour the olive oil in a medium stove top pan that has a lid. Saute the onions, mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper for 3 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, peas and water. Cover, then cook over medium to low heat for 8 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Carrots should be able to be punctured easily with a fork.
- Remove cover and stir in the cream cheese and half and half. Continue to mix over medium heat until combined.
- Stir in the chicken, pasta and parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container and use within 5 days, or freeze and reheat within 3 months.
Happy Cooking, friends!