Tomato Soup Pasta is a Vegan, One-Pot, Meatless Meal Ready in 10 Minutes! A simple dish that comes together with tomato soup and a box of pasta!
Did you know tomato soup pasta is a superfood?
Well, okay, maybe I’m stretching that a tiny bit, but pasta is such a versatile vehicle that can deliver meals in minutes (literally) while providing your body with stellar nutrition.
Case and point, Fresh Italian Cooking for the New Generation, the latest and greatest Italian cookbook to hit the shelves!
Let me first say I am 100% biased about this being the best Italian cookbook ever! Why?
- I’m Italian.
- Alex is my soul sister. We became insta friends at the annual nutrition conference (FNCE) in 2014 and ever since then, I don’t think there’s been a month we haven’t talked.
- The recipes are so pretty you want to eat them off the page.
- She uses real, whole foods, and doesn’t take away the good stuff (like cheese, pasta, bread, and sauce)!
I could go on, but I’ve gotta save something for your imagination to ponder until you order yourself a copy too!
Now, in the spirit of The Recipe ReDux , I knew Alex’s book was going to make it’s debut.
This month the ladies behind RR challenged us to reinvent a recipe on a page that had the numbers 2016 (or some variety) on it.
Since I had preordered Alex’s book the day it became available and have used it countless times to inspire many Shaw’s Simple Swaps in the kitchen, I knew it was a no brainer that I would pull it out again.
Enter, this Pasta with Tomato Soup and Spinach.
Now, I will admit, this recipe also come about because I was tight on time! Alex has showed me through her blog, Delish Knowledge, and her fabulous cookbook that real food does not have to be complicated.
Alex has a great Pomodoro Sauce over Pasta recipe in Fresh Italian Cooking and I knew the simplicity of this recipe was something I wanted to recreate with what I had on hand!
So, with a box of tomato soup in hand, pasta and lots of love (and spinach), I entered the kitchen.
With only one pot and many happy bellies around, I knew this had instantly become a winner.
I promise, healthy eating has never tasted so good!
Now, who’s ready to dive into this Pasta and Tomato Soup with me?!
- 4 cups tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the tomato soup and spices. Stir together.
- Add in the dry pasta, maintain the medium heat and cook according to package instructions (usually about 10 minutes). Stir continuously throughout the cooking.
- Remove from heat source and add in the spinach.
- Tomato soup should be 90% absorbed and pasta slightly al dente.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad and optional shaved parmesan on top!
*I used Pacific Foods Tomato Basil Soup and Barilla's latest Pronto Pasta that boils in one pot!
Tell me, what’s your favorite cookbook? Be sure to check out the other fabulous recipes from this month’s The Recipe ReDux to inspire you too!