Healthy Tuna Salad – The Best Thing Between Sliced Bread!
Disclosure: I received free samples of Sabra Spreads mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest sponsored by Sabra. I was not compensated for my time.
We all could use a little more simple in our lives, right?
I thought so.
That’s why today I’m bringing you a simple, delicious, and classic remade.
Enter… Healthy Tuna Salad!
When The Recipe ReDux provided the blogging community with this contest sponsored by Sabra, I knew this recipe needed to happen.
1- Sabra Spreads is something I’ve been wanting to try! Delicious, nutritious and fun, what’s not to love?
2- I’m actually disgusted by mayonnaise in any form. I usually use my go to Greek yogurt as a sub in recipes, but knew the Sabra Spreads would add a special kick with a lot of flavor and nutrition.
3- Who doesn’t love tuna salad sandwiches? I wanted to show you how you can “have your cake & eat it too” in a healthier way.
So, there’s that!
Whip up this super simple Healthy Tuna Salad and enjoy it as a salad, sandwich or wrap, the possibilities are endless!
- 5 oz can albacore tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons + 4 teaspoons Sabra Spreads - Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 slices whole grain seeded bread
- 1/2 ounce sliced red onion
- 2 leaves butter leaf lettuce
- Drain tuna and set inside a small bowl. Add in 3 tablespoons Sabra Spreads - Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, mix.
- Toast bread (if desired) and layer 1 teaspoon each of Sabra Spreads on each slice of toast.
- Place half of the tuna salad (approximately 3 ounces each) on two slices of bread.
- Top with red onion and butter leaf lettuce and cover with remaining bread.