Who’s ready to take their air fryer to a whole new level with this app? These Air Fryer Wontons are perfect to please every guest! Lightened up with a turkey bacon and cream cheese, you’ll enjoy every bite.
Who’s on team Air Fryer Wontons?
Stop drooling… I know you are too! Especially if you made the air fryer meatballs!
This recipe can be yours by kickoff, I promise!
Being San Diego has so many wonderful foods that it’s “known” for, I had a hard time choosing just one to create for you.
Thus… I decided to create something truly magical…
To be honest, this recipe came to life because I had a strong desire to use WONTON wrappers. After pinning just about everything in sight an epiphany happened.
Enter – the birth of these Air Fryer Wontons featuring a Tex Mex twist with cream cheese and bacon!
I can promise you, these are 100% delicious! I conducted a taste test at a friends birthday party and I don’t lie, these were #gonein60seconds!!!
The beauty of these is that they’re healthy too.
Yep, made with light cream cheese, turkey bacon and delicious and nutritious hominy, you get a satisfying bite of all those goodies in an oven baked pocket. #winning, I know!
What is hominy?
The flavor profile on those with the hominy is amazing!
Now, who’s ready to make these wontons!
Air Fryer Wontons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 9 strips nitrate free turkey bacon finely diced
- 1/2 hatch chile or jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can yellow hominy 15.5 ounces, drained
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mole sauce or sauce of choice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add in diced bacon. Cook 5 minutes and add in the hatch chiles and red onion. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and stir.
- In a medium bowl, add the drained hominy, softened cream cheese and spices, stir. Add in the bacon mixture and stir again.
- Separate wonton wrappers on a large cutting board and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Assemble wonton by placing 1 teaspoon of mixture onto the center of each wonton paper. Place your fingers in water and gently glide your finger along the side of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold up the sides into your desired shape and set on baking sheet. Continue until mixture runs out (about 36 wontons).
- Lightly brush tops of wontons with remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with an olive oil mist. Place the wontons into the basket and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then shake the basket, and cook remaining 5 minutes (or until tops are brown).
- Remove and serve immediately. Repeat with remaining wontons until all are cooked.
- Enjoy with dipping sauce of choice!