Who’s ready to take their air fryer to a whole new level with this app? These Air Fryer Wontons are perfect to please every guest! Lightened up with a turkey bacon and cream cheese, you’ll enjoy every bite.
Who’s on team Air Fryer Wontons?
Stop drooling… I know you are too! Especially if you made the air fryer meatballs!
This recipe can be yours by kickoff, I promise!
Being San Diego has so many wonderful foods that it’s “known” for, I had a hard time choosing just one to create for you.
Thus… I decided to create something truly magical…
To be honest, this recipe came to life because I had a strong desire to use WONTON wrappers. After pinning just about everything in sight an epiphany happened.
Enter – the birth of these Air Fryer Wontons featuring a Tex Mex twist with cream cheese and bacon!
I can promise you, these are 100% delicious! I conducted a taste test at a friends birthday party and I don’t lie, these were #gonein60seconds!!!
The beauty of these is that they’re healthy too.
Yep, made with light cream cheese, turkey bacon and delicious and nutritious hominy, you get a satisfying bite of all those goodies in an oven baked pocket. #winning, I know!
What is hominy?
The flavor profile on those with the hominy is amazing!
Now, who’s ready to make these wontons!
Air Fryer Wontons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 9 strips nitrate free turkey bacon finely diced
- 1/2 hatch chile or jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can yellow hominy 15.5 ounces, drained
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mole sauce or sauce of choice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add in diced bacon. Cook 5 minutes and add in the hatch chiles and red onion. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and stir.
- In a medium bowl, add the drained hominy, softened cream cheese and spices, stir. Add in the bacon mixture and stir again.
- Separate wonton wrappers on a large cutting board and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Assemble wonton by placing 1 teaspoon of mixture onto the center of each wonton paper. Place your fingers in water and gently glide your finger along the side of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold up the sides into your desired shape and set on baking sheet. Continue until mixture runs out (about 36 wontons).
- Lightly brush tops of wontons with remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with an olive oil mist. Place the wontons into the basket and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then shake the basket, and cook remaining 5 minutes (or until tops are brown).
- Remove and serve immediately. Repeat with remaining wontons until all are cooked.
- Enjoy with dipping sauce of choice!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe! Feel free to comment below or tag me on Facebook or Instagram. If you decide to give them a try, be sure to tag me and use the #ShawKitchen so I can reshare!
Happy Cooking, friends!