Vegetable Spaghetti Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Dreamfields Pasta as part of their #HealthyPastaMonth promotion. As always, the recipe inspiration and post are 100% my own and support the Shaw’s Simple Swaps philosophy.
#HealthyPastaMonth… yes friends, it’s a real thing!
As an Italian American, pasta is in my blood. I can’t remember a family gathering where pasta and wine didn’t show up on the table.
Not such a bad way to grow up, right?!
Well, as times have changed and my knowledge for nutrition grew, I knew we could definitely think outside the box when it came to exploring new ways to enjoy the traditional spaghetti dinner.
Enter…Vegetable Spaghetti Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce!
Sure, this recipe is SPICY so it’s not for the faint of heart. But, I promise you it’ll delight your taste buds in new ways they’ve never enjoyed before.
Now, why Dreamfields?
Great question! As a registered dietitian nutritionist, you know I’m all about sneaking in more whole grains. That’s where Dreamfields comes to the rescue, providing premium durum semolina wheat here in North America.
Plus, a single cup of cooked Dreamfields pasta provides 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, the perfect combo to keep your hunger at bay well into the wee morning hours.
Because I want so badly for you to enjoy this Vegetable Spaghetti Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce too, the awesome team at Dreamfields is giving away a free case of their pasta!
#HealthPastaMonth party … I think yes! Enter below … good luck!
- 13.25 ounce box Dreamfields spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped onion 3 ounces
- 3 medium carrots 6 ounces, chopped
- 6 celery stalks 12 ounces, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets and stems 3 ounces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded if less spice preferred, diced
- 1 small red chili seeded if less spice preferred, diced
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons peanut flour
- 1 ¼ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Yield: 8 servings 1 ½ cups each
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the sesame oil. Add in the chopped onion, carrots, celery, and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, in a small bowl, place the peanut flour and whisk with the low sodium vegetable broth. Stir in the low sodium soy sauce, lemon juice, dried ground ginger and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- To the sauté pan, add the minced garlic, diced jalapeno and red chili and cook on low heat for 2 minutes, then add liquid mixture in.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauté pan and mix together over low heat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts before serving.
- Note: Purchase chopped onions, carrots, celery, frozen broccoli and minced garlic to decrease preparation.
- Note: Add edamame or shrimp to make this a complete meal.
Now, grab a fork & dive into this Vegetable Spaghetti Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce with me… my treat!