Looking for a fun twist on your salads? Try this Red Rice Salad with Pepitas and a delicious Tahini Vinaigrette! Naturally gluten free with a dairy free option!
I was on my fifth handful of pretzel crisps, fingers covered in that cheddar cheese powder and thought, “Oh Liz, when’s the last time you had something nourishing?”
Honestly, I couldn’t remember the last salad I ate!
Immediately I knew it was time I get back on track, not because I don’t like pretzels, but because I just felt blah.
It’s interesting how much what you eat affects how you feel. Sure, I KNOW that, but it’s times like these I really remember why I love nourishing, fresh foods, like this Pichuberry Red Rice Salad!
Pichuberry Red Rice is probably one of the easiest things you’ll ever make!
Remember that Roasted Acorn Squash I whipped up last month. We’ll, I just loved the pichuberry flavor so much I knew I needed to try something that I could enjoy all week long in my lunch.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s completely all-natural (saying that in a cool French accent), but basically I mean you can pronounce and identify all the ingredients. Just look below!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
How to Make this Recipe
It couldn’t be any easier! Make sure your rice is cooked to package instructions and toss it all together in a bowl!
Don’t wait! Make this Pichuberry Red Rice now and you can thank me later!
Red Rice Salad with Tahini Vinaigrette
- 2 cups cooked red sprouted rice or alternative whole grain
- 1/2 cup dried pichuberries or dried cranberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons salted pepitas
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta optional, omit if vegan
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, dried pichuberries and pepitas. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix tahini, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over red rice bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish with feta cheese if desired.
Happy Cooking, friends!