Pichuberry Red Rice with Pepitas & Tahini Vinaigrette – Gluten Free + Dairy Free Option
I was on my fifth handful of pretzel crisps, fingers covered in that cheddar cheese powder and thought, “Oh Liz, when’s the last time you had something nourishing?”
Honestly, I couldn’t remember the last salad I ate!
Immediately I knew it was time I get back on track, not because I don’t like pretzels, but because I just felt blah.
It’s interesting how much what you eat affects how you feel. Sure, I KNOW that, but it’s times like these I really remember why I love nourishing, fresh foods, like this Pichuberry Red Rice Salad!
Pichuberry Red Rice is probably one of the easiest things you’ll ever make!
Remember that Roasted Acorn Squash I whipped up last month. We’ll, I just loved the pichuberry flavor so much I knew I needed to try something that I could enjoy all week long in my lunch.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s completely all-natural (saying that in a cool French accent), but basically I mean you can pronounce and identify all the ingredients. Just look below!
Don’t wait! Make this Pichuberry Red Rice now and you can thank me later!
- 2 cups cooked red sprouted rice or alternative whole grain
- 1/2 cup dried pichuberries or dried cranberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons salted pepitas
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta optional, omit if vegan
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, dried pichuberries and pepitas. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix tahini, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over red rice bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish with feta cheese if desired.
Tell me, what’s your favorite all-natural meal?!