This quick and easy Pesto Breakfast Sandwich is a delicious way to start your day (or enjoy for a simple lunch or dinner too!) Packed with protein and healthy fats, it’s the perfect simple swap to satisfy your McMuffin craving!
Enter, the need to make this Pesto Breakfast Sandwich!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
- Feel free to swap the whole wheat English muffin for your preferred bread of choice!
- I highly recommend my Avocado Pesto on this! But you can also use avocado slices, or even a fun twist with my Walnut Pesto!
How to Make this Recipe
Start by microwaving your egg in a microwave safe dish in 15-second intervals. I also recommend covering it with a paper towel to prevent the egg from exploding (aka and you having to clean!)
Once it’s done, grab that toasted muffin and build your sandwich with desired toppings (suggested ones included in the recipe below!)
You can enjoy this open faced, but I prefer to eat it as a sandwich! Plus, for busy people, the one handed meals are CRUCIAL!
- Be patient with the microwave! Going in 15-second intervals prevents you from having to clean your microwave from the egg explosion!
- You can sub in any protein for the deli turkey! My Whole 30 Sausage is an excellent addition too!
This recipe was inspired by my beautiful friend Lauren’s latest book, The Protein-Packed Breakfast Club!
Click here to order your copy if you want to grab more ideas to boost your protein at breakfast, too!
Other Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy
- California Breakfast Burritos
- Low Carb Protein Pancakes
- Sirloin Breakfast Slider
- Creamy Chipotle Sirloin Breakfast Pizza
- Southwestern Egg Frittatas
Pesto Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 large egg cooked
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Pesto
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 2 ounces low sodium deli turkey
- 1 slice tomato
- Scramble one large egg in a microwave safe 2-inch bowl. Cover with a paper towel and microwave in 15 second intervals until cooked (usually about 45 to 60 seconds total.)
- Meanwhile, place English muffin in a toaster.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of avocado pesto spread evenly over both sides.
- Top one side of the English muffin with a slice of cheese and the cooked egg. Top the other side with the deli turkey and sliced tomato. Layer the turkey side on top of the egg then enjoy! Or, feel free to eat open faced, whatever you prefer.
- Serve immediately.