Looking to change up your meal prep routine? Then these Southwestern Egg Frittatas made into muffins are just for you! Filled with wholesome veggies and a blend of traditional southwestern spices, it’s the perfect blend of flavor and nutrition to get your day started off on the right foot! Plus, they’re easily customizable to your preferences too!
If you’re a busy person looking to eat healthy, then this recipe is just what you need in your life! Packed with protein from eggs and filled with fiber from the veggies, it’s the perfect recipe to set your meal plan up for success.
My toddler loves these wrapped in a tortilla for a breakfast taco, while Mr.CEO enjoys them on an English Muffin with a sausage patty (sort of like my Pesto Breakfast Sandwiches here!)
What You Need to Make this Recipe
Feel free to swap out your preferred veggies and spices of choice in this part.
Also, if you have a dairy allergy, you can use a dairy-free milk and cheese here as well.
How to Make this Recipe
Preheat oven to kick this off!
Steps 1 + 2: Then begin by sautéing the oil with the garlic and veggies in a sauté e pan.
Steps 3 + 4: Whisk the eggs, milk, and spices in a large bowl, then add in the cooked veggies and cheese.
Step 5: Portion into individual muffin tins (recipe will yield 6 to 8) and bake for 30 minutes (or until safe internal temperature is reached.)
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. You can carefully take the silicon muffin holders out of the muffin tin to speed up cooling.
Then serve, warm, as desired! On days we have more time to sit down, we serve with whole grain toast and breakfast sausage!
- If you want to make these Southwestern Egg Frittatas a full meal for a dinner or guests, then bake this in a cast iron skillet! Plus, it’s a mess free clean up!
- I prefer using silicon muffin liners for egg recipes. They make popping the frittatas out of the liner SO MUCH EASIER! You can get them off Amazon for under $10!
Other Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy
- California Breakfast Burritos
- Pesto Breakfast Sandwich
- San Antonio Breakfast Skillet
- Roasted Potato and Egg Tacos
- Sirloin Breakfast Sandwich
Southwestern Egg Frittatas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute olive oil with garlic, onions, and bell peppers in a cast iron skillet until semi-cooked (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and spices in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked veggies and cheese.
- Line your muffin tin with silicon liners, then evenly distribute batter amongst the cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy warm. Refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.