Looking for that cocktail with some zest to it that won’t weigh you down? Then I’ve got just the recipe for you! This Spicy Skinny Margarita Recipe comes in at under 100 calories and the perfect refreshing treat to enjoy on a hot summer day or cold winter night…just because! Enjoy!
Margarita: yay or nay?
If you’re a nay, then WHY ARE YOU HERE?
Just kidding, you’re still welcome, but this is a margarita-ish recipe so fair warning!
Seriously, I can’t remember the first time I had a margarita but I can always remember my love for the silver tequila. There’s something about it that brings me back to college days on the beach, honeymooning in Jamaica or vacationing in Hawaii.
Those memories and oh so many more we’re the reason this recipe needed to come to life.
What you need to make this recipe:
- Use crushed ice, not whole ice cubes! This helps to create that crisp, cool refreshing drink!
- Fresh, 100% orange juice is supreme. This is already a lower calorie margarita since we don’t use Triple Sec, so there’s no need to buy a light OJ filled with artificial sweeteners!
- Now, you can omit the jalapeños if you don’t like it super spicy, or, simply seed the jalapeño and only add 1 slice!
- The pineapple ring is optional, but does help mellow out the spice and add a bit of natural sugar. If you don’t have it, feel free to skip or add in 1/4 tsp of cane sugar.
- Salt is optional, but I recommend a little sprinkle on top! Who has time to “salt the rim”? Not me, but a dash on top does the trick too!
How to Make this Margarita:
- Start with the ice, then layer from there.
- You can use a cocktail shaker, but honestly a mason jar or like glass jar works just as well!
- If you don’t want to have a super spicy kick, omit the seeds from the jalapeños. You also won’t have to worry about swallowing them either!
- Then, viola! Shake, shake, shake! Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Notes and Pro Tips on Making this Recipe
- Don’t use orange juice that is low calorie and filled with stevia (more on that here)! Saying it again because that will ruin this drink!
- Do enjoy responsibly!
- That’s it! It’s a cocktail, just make it (or pin for later!)
Spicy Skinny Margarita Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 2 oz fresh 100% orange juice
- 2 oz lime sparkling water
- 1 oz silver tequila
- 3 each jalapeno slices
- 1 each pineapple ring
- 1 each orange wedge
- dash salt
- Place ice, orange juice, lime sparkling water, tequila and jalapeno slices into a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Secure lid and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a cup with the ice and jalapeno rings and garnish with pineapple ring and orange slice. Enjoy!