What do you turn to after a workout? If you’re in the mood to switch up your routine, then these post workout recovery roasted potato tacos are for you!
Why hello there!
I figured it’s about time I show face here again since it’s been a solid month! My apologies… I was learning how to keep a tiny human alive (more on the birth of our little pineapple, here!)
Thankfully, these tacos came into my life at just the perfect time to get back in the kitchen and spark the fire that got me to blog in the first place!
Now, why Roasted Potato Tacos for Post-Workout Recovery?
First off, when I think about the workout of being a mom these days with a newborn who only likes to chill when she’s being pushed in a stroller, I’m logging about 7-10 miles a day!
While it’s certainly no marathon training, coupled with breastfeeding I’m in need of a delicious source of fuel when I get back from our morning stroll.
And, if you are training or just simply working out with vigor, these tacos certainly are for you.
Case and point, even a one month old is PUMPED to try these Roasted Potato Tacos, too!
Don’t worry, I won’t keep you hanging any longer, here they are!
Roasted Potato Tacos with Eggs
- 3/4 pound russet potatoes cleaned and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper medley
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 each large eggs
- 6 each 6-inch corn tortillas
- 4 ounces sliced avocado optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. Mix chopped potatoes and bell peppers with salt, pepper and garlic. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping half way through cooking with a spatula.
- When potatoes are done, let cool for 5 minutes and prepare eggs as desired. Over-medium or scrambled is preferred in the Shaw Kitchen! Assemble tacos with 1 tortilla, 1 egg, and 2 ounces of potato and bell pepper blend. Optional to top with avocado, salsa or topping of choice.