These gluten-free Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes are so easy to make! Plus, with only 7 grams of total sugar you can rest easy knowing these won’t leave you with a sugar coma but will still satisfy your chocolate craving!
Why should you make Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes?
Because everyone is making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread right now! You want to be the trend setter don’t you?
I thought so! Plus, these are gluten free and lower in sugar! They also happen to be just 130 calories each, meaning even if you’re watching your sweet treat intakes you can still fit these into a healthy, balanced diet!
Is pumpkin healthy?
Pumpkin is loaded with not only dietary fiber, but it’s also chock full of vitamin A (hello beta carotene from its orange hue!)
Since pumpkin is so moist, it’s an excellent addition to baked goods and sauces (hint try it in a marinara sauce or chili this fall) to add a fun burst of flavor and added nutrition to the dish.
Do I have to make cupcakes gluten free?
No, you do not! You can substitute the almond flour with an all-purpose or whole wheat, however they are really light with the almond flour. Meaning, fair warning if they become a bit more dense with a wheat flour.
What other fall inspired dessert recipes should you make?
Try these other pumpkin favorites!
Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes – Gluten Free
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cupcake pan with cooking spray (or use cupcake liners).
- Mix almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Once combined, slowly add the flour mixture into the wet bowl.
- Portion batter equally into the cupcake pan. Set in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. After timer finishes, turn off the oven and let the cupcakes sit in the oven for another 5 minutes to finish carry over cooking.
- Remove and let cool on a wired rack. Drizzle with frosting or desired topping.