White Chocolate Chestnut Cookies
Disclosure: The recipe included in this post is part of a sponsored collaboration I have with Halo Top Creamery. As always, all opinions are my own and I was just so excited about this one I had to share it here, too! Enjoy!
When’s the last time you had a chestnut?
I’m willing to bet, a majority of you are shaking your head… NEVER!
Well, as of this past Switzerland excursion, I am no longer a virgin to the chestnut. And, friends, I’m actually a huge fan!
Roasted chestnuts have a slightly sweet taste IMHO, and make the perfect addition to salads, vegetables and sweet treats, like cookies!
Truth be told, the entire time we were out in Europe Mr.CEO kept asking me to make chocolate chestnut cookies but after being shuffled around so often, I had little motivation to cook in the 3 days we found a place with a kitchen in December.
So, as soon as we got home, I naturally had to get creative in the kitchen and come up with something for him.
Enter, White Chocolate Chestnut Cookie with Gingerbread House Ice Cream!
But, I didn’t stop there. Nope, I couldn’t, especially when I came home to a box full of the seasonal Halo Top Gingerbread House flavor!
I had to create a bite-sized treat that would satisfy his craving for cookies and my craving for Halo Top. A winning combination if you ask me!
Dive in and let’s all enjoy a little holiday treat this season, shall we!
White Chocolate Chestnut Cookie Sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar*
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 10 roasted chestnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 pints Halo Top Gingerbread House Ice Cream*
- 1/3 cup candied chestnuts chopped (optional)
- red and green candies optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To the bowl of your electric mixer add butter, egg, vanilla extract and sugars. Beat on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt, continue to beat 2 to 3 minutes, or until all ingredients uniformly combined. Add in the white chocolate chips and chopped roasted chestnuts, beating tougher on low one final time until chocolate and chestnuts evenly dispersed.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray. Using a 1-ounce scoop spoon cookie dough onto the baking sheets, leaving 2-inches between cookies and the side of the pan. Use the back side of a fork to gently push down on each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, cookies should be golden brown on top when done. Remove and let cool on baking sheet before removing them.
- When ready to prepare sandwiches, remove Halo Top Gingerbread House Ice Cream from the freezer. Using the 1-ounce scoop, portion ice cream on to the top of one cookie. Press another cookie on top of the ice cream. Garnish with optional candied chestnuts or chocolate on the sides of the sandwich. Repeat until all ice cream sandwiches have been assembled.
- Freeze remaining ice cream sandwiches in an airtight container wrapped individual in plastic wrap for up to 1 month for best consistency.
- * Any type of sugar will work, I used stevia in this recipe. Can't find Halo Top's Gingerbread House flavor? Switch up and use a Vanilla Bean instead!
Let’s chat! What would you like to whip up with some chestnuts?!
Looking for more recipes? Try these!