Say it slowly… “Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake”….
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Halo Top Creamery. As always, I only work with those brands I myself endorse and purchase for Mr. CEO and I. Thanks for supporting the companies that help keep me up and running!
Your mouth is already watering, huh?
Don’t worry- in just a few short minutes you can head out the door and grab the ingredients to make this delicious Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake!
But, before you reach for your keys, let’s chat real quick. I like to make lists when I think about things; you do too, right? Well here’s the top 3 things that came to mind as I started to think about why I needed to create a Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake. Hopefully it inspires you to whip up this taste treat, too!
5 Reasons this Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake needs to be in your summer treat rotation!
Reason #1: It’s filled with flavor, while also chalk full of nutrition!
Just how does an ice cream cake actually make my RDN stamp of approval? Enter, Halo Top Creamery! This delicious and nutritious frozen dessert tastes just like ice cream, because it is! Plus, it’s allergen friendly, gluten free and has over 6 grams of protein per serving.
Reason #2: I can have my cake, and eat it too!
Did you know the average Lemon Bar has over 8 grams of saturated fat, 35 grams of sugar, 0 fiber and under 3 grams of protein? Well, this Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake is your new best friend, because in one cake, you get over 13 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber, only 5 grams of sugar and just under 3 grams of saturated fat. Yep, say it with me, #winning!
Reason #3: It melts in your mouth, not in your hand!
Tired of going to BBQs and having that delicious dessert table get destroyed by the summer heat? Me too! The beauty of this recipe is that you can leave in the freezer just until it’s time for dessert. Dress up your table with hints of lemons and bright colors so you entice your guests and leave them guessing as to what you have up your sleeve for their sweet tooth later in the party!
Now you have it! See I told you it wouldn’t take long! Head on over to Halo Top’s website, search for the store closest to you, grab your keys, buckle up and in no time you’ll be diving into this beauty with me too!
I’ll see you soon in summer bliss!
Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Gluten Free Crust Option 1
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon agave optional
- Shortbread Crust Option 2
- 4.3 oz shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 pints Halo Top Lemon Cake
- 1 tablespoon crushed almonds/oats
- In a food processor, combine option 1 (oats, almonds, oil) or option 2 (cookies and margarine) and pulse until coarse like consistency is formed.
- Line 4 ramekins with wax paper and firmly press 2 tablespoons or so of the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream 10 minutes before crust is ready to be used to let thaw.
- Use 1 cup of Halo Top Lemon Cake and slather on top of the crust.
- Freeze again and enjoy at your leisure!
Are you a Lemon Bar Ice Cream Cake fan? No worries if you prefer another variety, Halo Top’s got you covered with Birthday Cake, Chocolate, Chocolate Mocha Chip, Vanilla Bean, Strawberry and Mint Chip, too!