If you like the DQ Blizzard or McFlurry style of sweet treats, then you’re going to love this healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard made from home! Plus, it literally comes together in a flash with just a few staple ingredients!
Satisfy that sweet tooth with a good-for-you treat! This Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard is the perfect way to “have your cake and eat it too” this year!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
You’ll want to pop over right now to my Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie Dough recipe and make that first! It’s the base we’ll use for the cookie dough in this blizzard!
To save you time, though, I’m popping the ingredients for that here too!
Cookie Dough Ingredients
Now, to “make” the ice cream that goes with this, you can do a few things!
My current favorite is the easiest (and makes this taste as close to the “real deal” as possible:
- Buy a few plain, vanilla, ice cream sundaes from McDonald’s and keep them in your freezer. When craving a blizzard, portion out half an ice cream and mix with your pre-made cookie dough for a 5-minute Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard!
You can also just buy a lightened up vanilla ice cream (I like the Slow Churned Half the Fat variety of vanilla ice cream sold in many markets) and portion out 2/3 cup serving to mix with your cookie dough too!
And last but not least, for my non-traditional ice cream lovers (aka, my people who like the “nice cream” trend with blended frozen fruit and milk of choice), try:
- Blending 1 frozen banana with 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder. Then, add globs of cookie dough on top!
Whichever you choose, I promise it’ll be delicious!
How to Make this Recipe
After you decide which ice cream to go with, then simply portion into a glass or bowl, and add 1/4 cup of small chunks of the Chickpea Cookie Dough into it!
Mix… Mix… Mix!
You can then top with additional mini chocolate chips too if you’d like!
Other Cold Low Sugar Treats You May Enjoy
- Strawberry Nice Cream
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowls
- Frozen Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Frozen Pudding Pie Pops
- Cacao Date Smoothie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Cookie Dough protein packed version
- 1 1/3 cups reduced fat vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare the Chickpea Cookie Dough as instructed. Place the protein-packed version into the freezer in small bite-sized balls to mix into the ice cream for at least 60 minutes if it was stored in the fridge.
- When ready to assemble blizzard, crumble cookie dough and place in the bottom of a dish.
- Add 2/3 cup pint of preferred ice cream to the dish. Mix the cookie dough into the ice cream until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately and top with chocolate chips and extra cookie dough if desired.