Fresh, healthy and oh so easy, these Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps come together in no time to put dinner on the table tonight!
What You Need to Make These Thai Lettuce Wraps
▢ 1 tablespoon peanut oil
▢ 1/2 cup diced white onion
▢ 1 pound lean ground turkey
▢ 2 teaspoons minced garlic in water
▢ 3 tablespoons soy sauce
▢ 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
▢ 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
▢ 1 teaspoon sesame oil
▢ 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
▢ 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
▢ 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts finely chopped
▢ 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
▢ 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
▢ 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Here are a few things to keep in mind when making this recipe:
- Traditional lettuce wraps usually have mint, this does not! If you prefer mint, you can swap it for the cilantro.
- You can serve this with whatever lettuce leaves you can get your hands on.
- For a more peanut flavor, drizzle with a Spicy Peanut Sauce!
What To Serve These Wraps With
Other Quick Recipes For Dinner
If you liked the simplicity of this recipe, then checkout these other 30 minute or less recipes too!
If you try this recipe, would you please do me a favor and leave a star rating in the recipe box and/or comment below! This helps immensely in Google to continue delivering high quality content to you. And please be sure to tag and share what you made with me on social, I love seeing your creations! You can find me here: Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest!
Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts finely chopped
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat peanut oil.
- Add the onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the ground turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to crumble the meat.
- Sit in garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sesame oi, salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly. Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts. Cook for another 2 minutes before removing from heat.
- Scoop turkey mixture into lettuce wraps, adding cilantro and peanuts on top. Top with sriracha if desired!
Nutrition Per Serving
Want more Shaw Kitchen recipes? Then sign up here for my 5 Day Stress-Free Meal Plan delivered straight to your inbox!