Ever wish you could enjoy the taste of those delicious Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps you order at a restaurant from the comfort of your own home? Well, you can now thanks to the latest best selling cookbook to hit Amazon this year!
Seriously, when I say I ate these for lunch and dinner every day last week until they ran out, I’m not lying.
They are that good!
Truth be told, I’ve never been a fan of eating Thai food out. I had a bad experience one night in Illinois and lets just say that has scared me for life.
But, then something wonderful happened. My dear friend, Emily Kyle, published a book!
The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook to be exact.
Inside the pages of her blood, sweat and tears (I mean this, writing cookbooks are hard work!) were these beautiful Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps and I knew I was being called to re-create these in the Shaw Kitchen.
Before I hand over the recipe for these Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps, I must first introduce you to Emily’s labor of love.
The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook is seriously the best gift to give your friends this season who are struggling with a thyroid condition. Or, seriously, anyone who just want some new healthy menu inspiration!
Emily has done the dirty work for you and given you the cliff note version of managing both hypothyroidism and a disease called Hashimoto’s with dietary interventions.
Well, Hashimoto’s disease is an autoimmune condition that can cause hypothyroidism, or low thyroid function. When this happens, individuals may experience fatigue, weight gain, difficulty losing weight and a host of other symptoms.
But, here’s the thing. You don’t have to fell like sh*t all the time!
Emily’s cut through the BS you may find online and given you a complete dietary breakdown based on the nutrition prescription that’s best for you.
In the 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook, Emily will walk you through the Elimination Provocation Diet that helps to identify triggers of your condition, enabling you to finally find the foods that work best with your body, like these Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps!
Plus, all 100+ recipes are gluten free too, so they’re suitable for anyone needing a gluten restricted diet too!
Okay, okay, no more waiting!
Check out the Thai Peanut Lettuce Wrap twist on Emily’s Thai Chicken Wraps below and be sure to get your copy of The 30-Minute Thyroid Solution here. It’s available for preorder now and hits shelves Christmas 2018!
Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts finely chopped
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat peanut oil.
- Add the onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the ground turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to crumble the meat.
- Sit in garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sesame oi, salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly. Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts. Cook for another 2 minutes before removing from heat.
- Scoop turkey mixture into lettuce wraps, adding cilantro and peanuts on top. Top with sriracha if desired!