Some days it’s hard to get dinner on the table, am I right? Thankfully, I have a solution for you just in time for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season that is as simple as it sounds, Fridge Friendly Pizzas!
If you’re looking for a recipe to enjoy in a matter of minutes that the entire family will love, you’re in the right place. I’m not kidding when I say Mr. CEO and the rest of the Shaw Kitchen crew has these Fridge Friendly Pizzas at least three nights a week.
I used to feel guilty for not being the wife like those I see on social media.
You know, the put together moms who have their hair and makeup done, child bathed and dressed in their pjs, hip holding her smiling baby while pulling that oven roasted salmon out of the oven just minutes before their partner walks in the door.
But, then I realized the little operation we have here in the Shaw Kitchen works well for us, so there’s no need for the comparison game.
You see, Mr. CEO, Hayden and I have a system.
It’s called Simple Swaps for Stress Relief and it’s actually pretty simple.
We keep our kitchen staples on hand at all times, meal prep the basics on Sunday and always eat at a table.
While sometimes it’s just me and Hayden at the table, and sometimes it’s all three of us, we always eat our main meals at the table. That helps to remind ourselves to be mindful while eating instead of letting the stress of our next task get ahead of us.
Now, I’ll let you in on a few of the secrets here, but please please please, DO tell your friends. These secrets are worth sharing!
Think of these as the items that build the foundation of a quick meal in minutes.
For us, some staples include:
- Peanut Butter
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- Frozen Bananas
- Low Sodium Marinara Sauce
- Condiments, like BBQ Sauce, Yogurt Based Ranch Dressing
- Assortment of Low-fat Cheeses (Mozzarella, Mexican, Feta, Parmesan)
Meal Prep Basics:
Think of this as the “meat and potatoes” that adds the bulk to your meal, leaving you feeling satiated and satisfied after a meal.
For us, these include:
- Cooked & Chopped Chicken Breasts
- Roasted & Chopped Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Cut Cherry Tomatoes
- Pre-washed Spinach
- Chopped Herbs (like cilantro, wrapped in a paper towel to absorb moisture)
By keeping these on hand, you can easily bring these Fridge Friendly Pizzas to life!
What to Serve These Pizzas With
Pair your simple fridge pizza with any of these salads!
If you try this recipe, would you please do me a favor and leave a star rating in the recipe box and/or comment below! This helps immensely in Google to continue delivering high quality content to you. And please be sure to tag and share what you made with me on social, I love seeing your creations! You can find me here: Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest!
Fridge Friendly Pizza – BBQ Chicken Variety
- 1 each whole grain lavash
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 ounces cooked chicken chopped
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing yogurt based
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a pizza baking pan (or baking sheet*) with nonstick spray.
- Place lavash on baking sheet and begin assembling pizza.
Spread BBQ sauce over lavash, topping evenly with chicken and cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes (or until outer edges are browned and crispy).
Remove from oven, top with yogurt ranch dressing and cilantro, and serve.
Fridge Friendly Pizza – Rustic Vegetable
- 1 each whole wheat lavash
- 1/3 cup low sodium marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted, chopped sweet potato
- 1/3 cup sauteed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup washed, torn spinach
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a pizza baking pan (or baking sheet*) with nonstick spray.
- Place lavash on baking sheet and begin assembling pizza. Spread marinara sauce over lavash, topping evenly with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes (or until outer edges are browned and crispy).
- Remove from oven, top with parmesan cheese and serve.
- Note: Let cool 5 minutes before slicing to prevent cheese from sliding off slices.