Step aside Buffalo Wings… there’s a new player taking the field this fall! These Cajun Cauliflower Bites are the perfect addition to your game day eats or a fun afternoon with friends. Enjoy!
Do you like cauliflower?!
It seems like this is the new kale, and truth be told, I’m not one bit mad about this!
You see, I love a good simple swap, and with the versatility of cauliflower I feel like you can do so much with it!
Plus, it’s low carb and a great way to boost your intakes of dietary fiber.
Is the cauliflower trend going too far?
Truth be told, some of you may question my carb loving heart with this answer but in my professional opinion I’d say no.
Hear me out ok?
Cauliflower’s versatility has proved to be a great ingredient to use in those food items for those who need a gluten-free diet. From pizza crusts to crackers, cauliflower is everywhere.
No, I’m not going to say cauliflower pizza is better than regular pizza because I really love my gluten filled crust. But, I’m also not sensitive to gluten so there’s no reason for me to cut it out.
I’ve had my share of cauliflower products and must say, they are much better than I ever anticipated!
How can I cook with cauliflower?
From grilled cheeses to fried rice, cauliflower can help boost the nutrition content and lower the carbs for many of your favorite dishes.
For instance, my Italian Open Faced Grilled Cheese got a facelift with a cauliflower based crust!
And my infamous Turkey Meatloaf can easily be made with cauliflower instead of the grain in here to help bind it with an egg!
I also suggest adding it to chilis and sloppy joe’s to sneak in a veggie or two as well!
How do I make these Cajun Cauliflower Bites?
Honestly, it’s so easy! You just assemble your ingredients….
Then toss together, place on a sheet pan and bake!
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce, and even throw in some broccoli too if you want!
Alright, no more waiting! Checkout the recipe below and be sure to enter your email if you’d like to receive weekly simple swap tips!
Cajun Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon melted butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Wash cauliflower and remove stems.
- Chop into florets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
- While baking, mix all spices and hot sauce together. Add in butter.
- After 10 minutes, rotate and bake another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in bowl.
- Cover with sauce. Coat thoroughly.
- Turn oven to broil setting.
- Place back on cookie sheet and broil for 5-8 minutes (slightly charred).
- Remove, cool and serve with a side of Ranch Dip!
- (I used a Greek yogurt base with 1/2 teaspoon dry ranch powder-yum!)