Step aside Buffalo Wings… there’s a new player taking the field this fall!
Football… oh how I missed you! What you say?
Yep, I turned into a football fan when I met Mr. CEO right before the Superbowl of 2009. Being that he is 100% devoted to his Chicago Bears, I naturally adapted and became a blue and orange fan myself.
I have to admit, I use the term fan pretty loosely. Let me define a little more what I mean by it. I am a football fan because I like:
1. That I get a free pass to create whatever recipes I want, whenever I want, for whomever I want every Sunday!
2. That when the BEARS lose (sorry Mr. CEO), we tend to get a lot of things done around the house! (He needs something to take his frustration out on).
3. The sense of bonding we have when we wake up early to get a workout in so we can get ready in our BEARS gear for #gameday.
Now, with less than 3 weeks until season starts, I thought it was about time I start tackling some Simple Swap #gameday apps. I love this recipe because it’s totally delicious and super nutritious! I mean if I’m being honest, I actually ate this entire recipe in one sitting. Sorry Mr. CEO, I may have fibbed when I said I dropped it on the floor :).
Plus, this is one of the easiest recipes to make! Just look: slice, dice, cook, coat, mix and bake… viola, you’re done!
How do you celebrate #gameday? What’s your favorite snack? Challenge me… what can I Simple Swap for you!
Cajun Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Lousianna hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon melted light butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt (black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Wash cauliflower and remove stems.
- Chop into florets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
- While baking, mix all spices and hot sauce together. Add in butter.
- After 10 minutes, rotate and bake another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in bowl.
- Cover with sauce. Coat thoroughly.
- Turn oven to broil setting.
- Place back on cookie sheet and broil for 5-8 minutes (slightly charred).
- Remove, cool and serve with a side of Ranch Dip!
- (I used a Greek yogurt base with 1/2 teaspoon dry ranch powder-yum!)