Smashed Baked Potato Nourish Bowl – Vegan + Gluten Free
Did you know that you can #eattherainbow with beautiful colors of fresh foods?
I’m not lying- just look at this beautiful Smashed Baked Potato Nourish Bowl.
Truly, this came together in a bind and I knew right away it was going to be a winner I had to share with you.
First things first, it’s simple!
Not only can you make this in less than 5 minutes, but, it’s also filled with plant based protein and over 17 grams of fiber!
Second, there’s a smashed potato under there!
Seriously, who doesn’t love a delicious potato. It’s like heaven on earth IMHO. I mean come on, remember the baked French fries, I’m a little potassium happy on the potato love I think!
And third, this beauty is flavor packed!
I don’t know about you, but this is quickly becoming a staple in the Shaw Kitchen and I hope you’ll join in on the fun too!
- 1 small russet potato, baked
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup black beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup red cabbage
- ⅓ medium avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup hummus
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Reheat baked potato for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Remove and slice vertically in half, then horizontally in half again.
- Press the back of fork directly down into potato to "smash" it!
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of nutritional yeast over the potato and cover with black beans.
- Arrange spinach and cabbage around the potato, and top with chopped avocado and hummus.
- Drizzle with Sriracha and enjoy!
Tell me, what’s your FAVORITE way to NOURISH your body with a quick meal?