A healthy, super simple pumpkin cookie made with ingredients you likely have on hand! Plus, these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are under 100 calories per cookie and the best way to enjoy oatmeal this fall!
Why you need more Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies in your life.
Because why not?
Is there ever a reason NOT to have a cookie? I firmly believe all foods fit, even cookies! Plus, these cookies are not only delicious, but nutritious too!
Each cookie delivers a subtle hint of sweetness from the classic chocolate chip and sugar combo, but I’ve tweaked them a bit so they’re a tad bit healthier than your typical cookie.
Do I need to eat healthy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies?
No, not at all. But, if you’re like me and eating a super sweet cookie makes you get a little afternoon headache and major fatigue, then maybe you’ll want to consider these!
Don’t get me wrong, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth! But, the more I chase around my little one year old, the more I realize I can’t afford to have mid-day meltdowns where my energy is completely zapped!
These cookies give me just the right pick me up! Plus, they’re lower in sugar and I’m comfortable giving them to Hayden so she can enjoy something fun too!
(Curious why I limit added sugar for Hayden? Check out this post!)
What makes these chewy pumpkin cookies so special?
Well, for starters they’re made with lots of love!
I mean look at this little cookie bandit, she can just sense the love!
Plus, they’ve got a secret ingredient… OATS!
Yep, I took these to a whole new level by adding another whole grain in the mix (read more fiber and chewiness too!)
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats dry
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking power and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining wet ingredients (excluding chocolate chips). Stir completely.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing from the outside in.
- Once combined, add in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 oz scoop, portion 12 servings on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wired rack.
- Enjoy with a delicious crisp cup of milk or your morning coffee!
What other inspiration do you have for using pumpkin?
I’m glad you asked! I highly suggest the following to get you in the spirit for pumpkin season!