When you aren’t sure what to make for dinner, then grab a rotisserie chicken (or make my Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken) and make this quick and easy Buffalo Chicken Grain Bowl! This bowl is so easy to customize so even the pickiest eaters in your house will be pleased. Plus, it makes great leftovers for the entire week!
If you’re always on the lookout for a simple but nourishing meal that packs big flavor but doesn’t require hours to make, then look no further than the build your own bowl concept!
This Buffalo Chicken Grain Bowl follows suits with the principle I adhere to in the Shaw Kitchen: make meal ideas that literally everyone can build into their own favorite bowls!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
- Feel free to swap in cooked lentils or black beans for a vegetarian option!
- If dairy-free, use a plant-based yogurt and sub the beans for the protein.
Simply assemble bowl by making the dressing first, then tossing it with the rest of the ingredients!
Viola, dinner is served!
Recipe Tips + Notes
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! Here are a few simple swaps to make it even more time efficient for you:
- Buy a pre-chopped and washed veggies and lettuce that has been cut. Run the lettuce under cool water and pat dry, then serve!
- Buy a precooked quinoa (or alternative whole grain like brown rice).
- Make a big batch of the buffalo ranch dressing at once (like triple the quantity) so you can serve it all week long as a fun sauce (it tastes great on tacos too!)
Other Quick and Easy Meals You Will Love
- Mediterranean Couscous Bowls
- Amaranth Buddha Bowl
- Sesame Sriracha Udon Noodle Bowl
- Pesto Breakfast Sandwich
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
Buffalo Chicken Grain Bowl
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt divided
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsps Buffalo hot sauce divided
- 2 tsps DIY Ranch Dry Mix or ranch seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounces shredded chicken cooked
- 4 ounces avocado chopped
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa cooked
- 8 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Whisk the yogurt, vinegar, Buffalo hot sauce, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Divide remaining ingredients amongst 4 bowls, or toss together in one large bowl for people to self serve.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top, or toss over the entire salad. Enjoy!
- Many ancient grains work well in this recipe. I’ve tried couscous, bulgur and kamut.
- If you know you will have leftovers, store the dressing separately and do not toss into the salad.
- Salad will keep in the fridge for 2 days tossed together when stored in an air-tight container with a paper towel.