Tight on time? Then this Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf is for you! Plus, I’ve got 3 simple quick fix meal ideas to use those leftovers with!
Tight on time these days?
With the chaos of trying to manage work-life balance, I’ve been on the hunt for quick fix meals that require first and foremost, a no mess clean up!
Then, of course, the meal has to be fairly simple to make and without question taste delicious!
That’s when I started thinking about meatloaf. I mean really, its basically a meatball in loaf form right?!
Looking for more meatball inspiration? Be sure to checkout the Pistachio Paleo Meatballs here!
Plus, meatloaf (or balls) are really quite versatile.
Not only can you serve it solo with a side salad (like the Steakhouse Chopped Salad here!), but you can also whip up one of these 3 simple meal ideas using the meatloaf as a base:
- Open Faced Meatloaf Sandwich:
- Toast a slice of thick whole grain bread and layer a thin slice of meatloaf on top! Top with steamed garlic spinach and a 1/4 cup of marinara sauce.
- Red Pepper Meatloaf Soup:
- To a cup of prepared Red Pepper or Tomato Soup (I like the Pacific Foods brand!), add one slice (or roughly 3 ounces) of crumbled meatloaf to the soup. Add a handful of baby kale and let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Carrots & Meatloaf Bowl:
- Using your favorite roasted veggies, slice up the meatloaf and throw it all together in a bowl! The perfect combination of protein, carbs and veggies to power your day.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound 16 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs or GF alternative
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Line the bottom of a slow cooker with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, the egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Spoon the meat mixture onto the aluminum foil, using a spatula to evenly distribute.
- Top with 1 cup marinara sauce and cover, setting slow cooker to high.
- Cook for 2-3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Turn slow cooker off and remove lid, letting meatloaf cool 10 minutes before slicing.