Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Buone Feste Natalizie!
If your family is anything like mine, come Christmas morning, you’re sitting around the tree, relishing in each others company while watching the smiles and appreciation envelop your loved as they unwrap their presents. Honestly, what a joyous time of the year!
Once the merriment of gift exchanging is over, us “Zabel’s” inevitably run towards the kitchen to nosh on something sweet and delish while the rest of the morning meal comes together. Typically this includes the latest Entenmanns Donut Holes picked up by Mama Z; however, this year I decided I would bring a new Simple Swap member to the party… Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins.
Though I can’t guarantee when they come face to face with the donut holes they’ll win, but hey, it’s another option… right?!
Enjoy your holiday and as Tiny Tim once said, “A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, everyone.”
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk almond
- 2 tablespoons butter Smart Balance Light
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine bananas, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, butter, and egg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder with salt.
- Slowly, combine the dry into the wet ingredients, folding in the flour mixture 1/3 cup at a time.
- Mix in chocolate chips and line a 12-cupcake tin with liners. Portion batter evenly into 12 tins. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool. Place in the refrigerator and enjoy within 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.